Technical Design Intern - Summer Semester
- Dion Lee
- New York City, New York (US)
- Unpaid - School Accredited Internship
- Closing date
- 17 Jun 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Dion Lee is a unisex designer brand, based in New York City. The Dion Lee aesthetic is technical with an intelligent sensuality. Each collection marries innovative construction, with a consciousness of the form. Textiles are engineered to form sculptural embellishments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated intern to join their New York Technical Design team. This internship will offer a hands on experience of the development and production process of a RTW brand.
- Assist lead technical designers in speccing incoming samples
- Assist lead technical designer in updating tech packs
- Execute technical sketches
- Organize sample closets
- Strong multi-tasking skills, organizational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and fabrics
- High attention to detail
- Proficient skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, creative work environment
- A willingness to learn and positive attitude
Please note that this is a college-credited internship, and we can only accept currently enrolled students.
Dion Lee is a designer brand hailing from Sydney, Australia, established in 2009 by its eponymous Creative Director. Renowned for experimental construction combined with traditional tailoring, the brand has pioneered a modern identity for Australian fashion. The Dion Lee aesthetic is technical with an intelligent sensuality. Each collection marries innovative construction, with a consciousness of the form. Textiles are engineered to form sculptural embellishments and architectural silhouettes are dissected to enhance movement and the flow of air and light. After debuting at Australia Fashion Week, DION LEE presented collections in London before relocating to New York, where the brand has become a permanent fixture on the seasonal schedule. Dion Lee is sold globally in over 80 of the world's most exclusive retailers including Net-A-Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Selfridges and David Jones. Australia is home to eight stores, each designed to reflect the constructed nature of the product, in an environment that is both industrial and luxurious.
Apply for Technical Design Intern - Summer Semester
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert