The Senior EDI Specialist is the designated lead in the coordination of wholesale customer EDI and supply chain transactions. Activities include monitoring daily EDI transactions, managing customer communications, planning and coordinating system testing with internal departments and supporting activities related to the on-boarding of new trading partners and new/upgraded documents. In this role, the Senior EDI Specialist will manage projects and partner with IT in the evaluation of customer EDI specifications and requirements, and provide recommendations to ensure successful implementation. Additional key responsibilities include mentoring other EDI team members, providing direction and support as needed.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB: TECHNICAL
EDI Trading Partner Activities
Advanced EDI Knowledge
- Partner with IT and Strategic Services management on project/system implementations; proactively share subject matter expertise to identify process improvement opportunities; make recommendations to mitigate risk and facilitate issue resolution.
- Operate as liaison between PVH IT, Customer EDI, and other PVH teams (Account Support & Allocation, Credit, and Merchandise Operations) for Trading Partner set-ups and upgrades; provide clear communication of project status and issues; follow through on issue resolution specific to testing and implementation of new transactions.
- Assist in the management of Trading Partner set-ups and maintenance with Third Party Networks (VANS) and EDI UPC Catalogs. Review weekly UPC Catalog error reports and implement necessary corrections.
- Provide timely status updates to management team; escalate key issues appropriately.
- Proficient in reading/interpreting EDI document raw data (850, 856, 860, 810) in order to troubleshoot issues with failed transactions and EDI Specification documentation.
- Lead the execution of new Trading Partner set-ups and document upgrades.
- Oversee simultaneous implementations; monitor activities and testing schedule (internal, external) with specific focus on key milestone dates; follow up with business partners on key milestones.
- Provide regular status updates on progress and issues; escalate issues to management team as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Manager in development of project timelines.
- Coach and instruct EDI Specialists through customer set-up process, customer testing, document upgrade, submission of IT Project Requests, and EDI spec analysis review.
- Assist Manager in providing support to EDI Specialists via delegation and coordination of tasks; ensure adherence to deadline and timely responses to issues.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with PVH EDI IT and ERP production teams:
- Research and resolve EDI issues on a daily basis in response to customer inquiries and other error notifications. Partner with PVH IT, Customer Service, and W&D teams.
- Communicate issues to customer and/or internal departments as appropriate and follow through to resolution.
- Troubleshoot issues impacting successful receipt or delivery of EDI files; perform root cause analysis.
- Oversee daily functions and maintenance for active Trading Partners via review of daily error reports and notifications; assist in communication with customers & PVH partners.
- Collaborate with Manager(s) to define and document EDI best practices and Standard Operating Procedures; inform team members and PVH business partners as needed.
- Research EDI related customer chargebacks with goal of identifying and resolving issues (programming, operational) in order to prevent future chargebacks. Coordinate with Partnership
- Development team in the negotiation of chargeback reversals by providing the necessary back-up documentation to support the request.
- Coordinate product moves and brand launches specific to EDI and Logistics activities.
- Occasional domestic travel to meet with customers to further the collaborative partnerships.
- Keep current of industry trends via participation in training, conferences and networking.
- 3-5 years working with EDI Translator on AS/400 and X12 EDI Transactions.
- Proficient in reading & interpreting X12 EDI raw data in core documents (850/860/856/810) and Customer Specifications.
- Apparel/Fashion/Retail industry experience preferred.
- PVH EDI experience and/or working with customers a plus.
- Apply subject matter expertise to support Manager in furthering the development of newer team members.
Bachelor's degree preferredSkills
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and collaborating with others
- Works well independently on projects and in team settings
- Ability to prioritize work flow and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing projects
- Excellent organizational, communication (verbal, written) and follow-up skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with MS/Office Suite
- Knowledge of PVH systems (ACS, PKMS, WMS, SAP) a plus
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH