- Ermenegildo Zegna Group
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
The Ermenegildo Zegna Group is one of Italy's most famous family driven enterprises and a world leader in luxury menswear. Founded in 1910, Zegna is deeply grounded in history and craftsmanship, yet always at the forefront of contemporary innovation and style. We are pioneers who embrace change, take ownership of our actions and work to create the world we want. With over 500 points of sale and 7,000 employees worldwide, we're as proud of our people as our products and look for others that share our passion and commitment to excellence and authenticity.
As Tailor for Zegna, you will provide the highest-level alterations service to all customers. The Tailor will monitor the Tailor Shop productivity and troubleshoot issues that arise accordingly.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will serve as a brand ambassador through customer service and quality of altered apparel.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Serve as an ambassador of the brand by presenting to every client the details of each garment when being fitted
- Produce work to the highest quality with a desire to learn and improve in areas where growth is necessary
- Monitor and take ownership of the quality of all apparel which leaves the Tailor Shop to ensure they meet the quality standards of Zegna
- Ensure clients are receiving highest level of customer service with respect to alterations and that Zegna customer service standards are upheld
- Communicate any potential issues within the Tailor Shop on a daily basis with the General Manager
- Recognize problems within the Tailor Shop and the production of garments, analyze and generate solutions along with the General Manager
- Work with Customer Advisors to resolve customer-related issues
- Monitor garments daily due for delivery and follow through to ensure deadlines are kept
- Troubleshoot amount of incoming garments; e.g. if too many on a given day close out particular delivery date to ensure all garments completed timely
- Communicate with customers regarding availability of finished apparel, prior to expected completion date if there is a delay
- Partner with General Manager in maintaining an orderly appearance in the Tailor Shop in accordance with Zegna's standards
- Assist in overseeing and addressing issues in the Tailor Shop
- General Tailor skills and knowledge
- Tailor tailor skills and knowledge; fitting a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Customer-centric mindset
The Ermenegildo Zegna Group is a leading luxury menswear brand and one of the most renowned businesses in Italy. Founded in 1910 in Trivero, in the Biella Alps, by the young entrepreneur Ermenegildo, whose vision was to ethically create the world’s finest textiles through innovation and the sourcing of the noblest fibers directly from their markets of origin, the company is managed today by the fourth generation of the Zegna family with Gildo Zegna as CEO. Since the late 1980s, the company has implemented a comprehensive strategy of verticalization, creating a global luxury brand which now ranges from fabric to clothing to accessories, and is focused on retailing, pioneering early entry in emerging luxury markets, in addition to being the first luxury brand to open a monobrand store in China in 1991. In 2000 The Group established Fondazione Zegna, of which Anna Zegna is President, to manage the philanthropic activities of the Zegna family in support of organizations that work to improve society and the environment. In 2012 a new Ermenegildo Zegna project was launched worldwide: ZegnArt, an independent commitment focused on international collaboration in the field of visual arts and in February 2014, the Group announced the Ermenegildo Zegna Founder’s Scholarship, a 25-year project named for its founder with an annual investment in education of €1 million. In July 2014, to reach higher standards in its production, the Group acquired the majority share of the Achill wool farm, an Australian property located in the New South Wales region, where Merino sheep are bred. The purchase represents a decisive step for the Zegna company, reconfirming its longstanding support of the wool industry and completing its verticalization strategy.
Via Savona 56/A Milano
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert