- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Burberry plc, a global multi-billion-pound luxury fashion business, is seeking to hire an Opex Accountant. The role is part of a new Burberry Business Services (BBS) organisation based in Leeds, United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the development of the team, helping to transition work into the BBS function ensuring processes are identified, transferred and improved to ensure a streamlined, efficient team within the overall BBS Finance function.
• Preparation and execution of Inventory transactions.
• Reconciliation of Inventory balances.
• Journal preparation and execution.
• Maintenance and understanding of RMX Database
• Support Retail Stocktake processes
• Preparation and review of monthly reports including the investigation of variances and reporting of these to the Finance Team.
• Reconciliation and confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts.
• Completion of half year and year end additional financial information.
• Preparation of analyses and support for internal and external audit requirements, liaising with the auditors and colleagues across the business as required.
• Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
• Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting.
• Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
• Apply understanding of assigned accounting processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
• Work closely with the process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
• Proactively seeks feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and uses this to inform future delivery of services.
Qualifications & Experience
• Part-qualified accountant or studying for an accounting qualification.
• SAP training and certification is a plus.
• At least 1 years of relevant accounting experience. SAP and retail or FMCG industry experience preferred.
• Experience of BPC, an advantage.
• Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus.
• Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
• Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
• Good Excel skills with experience of working with large data sets.
• Ability to build strong relationships, both with the wider Finance team and throughout BBS.
• Works well as part of a team and is willing to help others within the team.
• Keenness to develop and learn new skills.
• Can do attitude to work and ability to work to month end deadlines.
• A capability to build the role and adapt to changes in the working environment.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Observes corporate policies and business values.
• Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities, often in an ambiguous environment.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert