Sr. Analyst, Income Tax
- Jacksonville, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 6 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Job Title: Senior Analyst - Income Tax
Primary Purpose: The Sr. Analyst, Income Tax position is a key role in our global tax function. The role will include responsibility for the preparation of components of the quarterly and annual income tax provision, the preparation of the US federal return, and certain state income tax returns. The Sr. Analyst must be able to maintain and monitor accurate account analyses, and exercise strong internal control practices. The position must seek ways to eliminate non-value added tasks and improve process flow.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Tax to...
- Assist with preparation of federal and state income tax work papers
- Prepare extensions and quarterly estimated tax payment calculations
- Obtain and compile data for international tax compliance calculations and forms (1118, 5471, 8865)
- Review of federal and state tax returns prepared by Ernst & Young
- Support in the preparation of the quarterly and annual global tax provision in accordance with the rules outlined in ASC740, maintain FIN 48 calculations
- Assist in the preparation of foreign statutory provisions and analysis of how foreign results impact SEC reporting
- Assist in managing external providers with all tax matters associated with assigned foreign jurisdictions
- Prepare additional tax related forms (W-8, FINCEN), as requested
- Perform necessary tax research to support/understand positions and the impact those positions have on the Company, as requested
- Assist in defending the Company during federal and state income tax examinations
- Prepare tax account reconciliation
- Stay current with accounting and tax law changes to analyze any potential impact to the Company
- Maintain effective key controls and proper level of SOX tax documentation.
- Maintain internal tax due date calendar.
- Identify and implement process improvements within areas of responsibilities to streamline tasks.
- Develop and maintain expertise in tax technology; interact with IT and finance/accounting to streamline tax data gathering processes
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Strong technical tax and analytical skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to be a self-starter who takes initiative and is highly motivated
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- An attitude of collaboration with business partners
- An inquisitive nature with an inherent desire to uncover the facts
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to proactively follow up on open items
An outstanding professional will have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- Advanced degree desired, Masters in Taxation a plus
- CPA license preferred
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting or corporate industry experience. Retail industry experience a plus
- Federal and multi-state tax compliance experience required
- Public company SEC reporting experience a plus
- Technical tax research experience
- Knowledge of tax software, experience with reporting and analytics tools a plus
- Experience with Blackline a plus
- Proficient with Excel and Word.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
BASE PAY RANGE TO
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. We believe that true luxury is a freedom of expression that ignites confidence and authenticity.
Approachable and inviting, we celebrate brands that create joy every day for people around the world. Our passion, detailed approach, and genuine love of what we do enable us to develop and nurture brands so that they can reach their full potential.
The value of our brands is not bestowed by previous generations or borrowed from tradition. It is determined by quality, craftsmanship, and creativity—and the opportunity for self-expression that they provide. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea and, with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert