Deputy Manager - Bicester Village
- Paul Smith
- Bicester Village, Bicester, Oxfordshire
- Closing date
- 18 Jun 2023
Paul Smith is one of Britain’s leading independent design companies. We champion positivity, curiosity and creativity. These qualities underpin every Paul Smith design, whether it’s a shirt, a shop or a special collaboration. Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company. Happily positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Bicester Village shop as Deputy Manager. As Deputy Manager you should embody and demonstrate our retail values to define an iconic customer experience. You will support to achieve and exceed set financial targets and operational efficiencies. You will encourage your team to have fun while learning about our customers, environment, and team.
What's in it for you:
•Rewarding Managers Bonus Scheme
•Generous seasonal clothing and uniform allowance
•60% discount on Paul Smith products
•Access to exclusive sample sales
•Wellbeing support through Retail Trust for you and your family
•Private medical insurance with Vitality Health
•33 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with an option to buy or sell an extra 5 days holiday annually.
• Driving customer experience and the service proposition to a high luxury standard.
• Leading and measuring a CRM strategy, in partnership with Senior Management and the Marketing team, to build a loyal client base whilst leveraging all clienteling tools.
• Developing, implementing, and reviewing strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve and exceed set financial targets.
• Supporting the Shop Management on initiatives to achieve and exceed set financial targets.
• Encouraging excellent product knowledge, defining in store product training, and ensuring this is consistently shared with customers through storytelling to convert to sales.
• Manage stock and inventory through cycle counts and stock takes, to ensure fulfilment of sales to customers across all channels.
• Ensuring operational excellence with all relevant documents relating to payroll, team scheduling, sales reporting, HR, Facilities and Health and Safety are actioned and in line with Paul Smith policies and procedures.
• Collaborating with the Visual Merchandising team to establish the best visual presentation and retail standards.
• High level interest in the Paul Smith brand; Passion for style and fashion and retail in general.
• Self-motivated & enthusiastic; ability to lead a team and motivate others.
• Confident with the ability to deal with people at all levels; ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Displays initiative and is creative. Flexible & adaptable, collaborative.
• Ability to be an ambassador for Paul Smith. Smart appearance and individual
• Interest and knowledge of current trends in music, arts and culture.
Who you are:
• Management experience in fashion / retail environment. Knowledge at increasing key performance measures and sales.
• A great people manager, able to coach, nurture and develop to achieve the best results within.
• Ability to drive and develop sales; ability to interpret financial sales related data.
• Experience creating best visual standards and practices in store.
• Excellent proven retail operational skills & standards. Keen eye for attention to detail.
• Previous experience with all processes including HR & Health & Safety.
At Paul Smith, we celebrate and encourage applications from all walks of life into our growing workforce. We are committed to empowering people from any background, belief system, or ethnicity, offering an inclusive environment where talent is recognised and valued.
Paul Smith is Britain’s foremost designer. He is renowned for his creative aesthetic, which combines tradition and modernity.
- 0115 968 5904
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert