WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A CLOTHING BRAND; WE ARE ON A MISSION TO TRANSFORM THE FUTURE OF FASHION
Are you looking for a company that pushes the boundaries and creates a community inclusive of everyone? A shared vision beyond only us?
If you answered yes, why not join us? This could be your first step towards a new and exciting career at COS! We are now looking for a Pattern Manager to join our team on a full time Permanent contract.
About COS: Offering innovative design, elevated essentials and wardrobe icons, COS is a fashion brand rooted in contemporary culture. From the beginning, our design ethos has always put lasting style, quality and sustainability first. Today 92% of the materials in our collection are more sustainably sourced.
As the Pattern Manager, you secure the best fits for our COS customers, leading and developing the Pattern Team with a clear vision while having the customer in mind. You are constantly seeking new developments within the industry, keeping up to date with new programs, techniques and finishes to support your team. You will collaborate with relevant functions in the BO/PO team, contributing to an efficient and informative workflow and operate towards the long and short term goals.
What you will do:
- Set visions and targets for your teams patterns, analysing and guiding the team with regular updates while considering a strong customer focus
- Lead and grow your Pattern Team to grow the business, guiding through the whole employee life cycle (recruitment, performance, appraisal, reward, development, exits)
- Responsible for Grading updates, Castor/Lectra licenses, Dress-stand orders, and supporting the team with block developments
- Work closely with Design, Buying, Production and Quality, to reach the ideal product demands and provide feedback
- Guide, involve, inspire, and develop your Pattern Team, motivating and challenging them to act with competence, confidence, and bravery to reach high quality pattern standards
- Practice good time management within your department to deliver patterns in order to meet OPD deadlines
- Attend fit meetings regularly to keep up-to-date with the collection and to increase the quality of meetings
- Take product decisions, and seek team improvements for next season
- Evaluate your department's success with a consistent follow-up mentality
- Follow COS Rules and Product sheets and make sure all teams are trained and up-to-date
- Analyse and react on sales by attending sales meetings
- Manage workflow and book freelancers for busy periods
- Manage special projects and make sure sample room is set up to cope with high workload
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our values are the behaviours that we appreciate above and beyond anything else. We are open-minded and curious, we dare to be different, we believe in constant improvement and we empower and trust you to take ownership. Our values are part of who we are, what we stand for and how we act.
In addition to our values for this role we are also looking for:
- Previous experience as a Pattern Manager working across multiple product groups.
- Excellent leadership skills with proven ability managing a team.
- Experience liaising with global production offices
- Genuine interest and passion for COS womenswear
- CAD experience essential, Lectra and CLO preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of garment construction and pattern cutting skills.
- Ability to identify problems and take responsibility to find solutions.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
At COS we love welcoming new people and work hard to provide an environment where everyone feels appreciated and valued. We celebrate individual differences and recognise the contribution that all our colleagues make, regardless of their background.
When you first join COS, you will have a full introduction, excellent training, and a team that will support you during your first days, weeks and months. In addition to this you will also receive lots of fantastic benefits including.
- 25% Staff Discount
- 25 days holiday
- Annual Health Checks
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
Ready to apply? Click on the I’M INTERESTED link where you can upload your CV securely. Once we have received your application, we will keep you updated regularly about the status of your application so please look out for our email.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!