Metal Hardware Engineer & Costing
- Florence, Italy
- Closing date
- 8 Jul 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to be a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities
You will guarantee functional requirements, quality and compliance standards are met and ensure that Metal Hardware and Trim are bought at a competitive price.
- Execute engineering activities in according to risk assessment, development & testing requirements.
- Provide technical support to design and product development teams
- Validation of production pre-series and creation of acceptability sets in accordance with the Burberry's standards
- Manage and ensure up-to-date reporting on product technical information
- Compliance with the engineering timeline
- Cost conscious but keeping the style upfront
- To negotiate Metal Hardware costs, leveraging on tech specs.
- Partnering and support procurement process
- Prevent production slowdown
- Develop a strong collaboration with other teams
- Collaborate in the implementation of technical standards
- Oversee supplier performance through building a strong relationship with them
- Support and solve metal hardware quality issues by defining the production standards or the quality controls to be performed
- Ensure regulatory compliance is met
- Degree in Materials Technology or Engineering
- Experience in similar role in metal hardware for luxury industry
- Expertise in metal hardware costing, able to drill down to the cost of a single manufacturing phase
- Experience in technical engineering of metal hardware
- Deep Knowledge on metal hardware design and construction
- Timely, strong, customer focused decision making
- Expert Knowledge of galvanic PVD and other processes
- Strong communication skills both in Italian and in English
- Deep Knowledge Metal Hardware Supplier capability
- Open mindset in terms of solutions and suppliers
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert