Senior Manager, Strategy
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 27 Jun 2023
- Strategy & Business Intelligence
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As a Senior Manager, Strategy at Burberry, you will be empowered to create and lead key growth projects within our strategic business plan. You'll be acting as an internal consultant to the business, working across all functions with a variety of stakeholders to ensure our strategy is implemented and delivered effectively. This is a visible and influential role that will shape our future success and build our iconic brand.
This Senior Manager, Strategy role is offered on a full time, permanent basis and will be based at our iconic Horseferry Campus in London with hybrid working offered.
- Creating and refreshing Burberry's rolling strategic plan per direction from executive team and the external market
- Research, analysis and situational assessments of:
- Consumer insight and market data
- Scenario planning
- Strategic planning that reﬂects capital & resource allocation
- KPIs (customer, brand, product, operating & ﬁnancial) and key milestones
- Risk management considerations
- Leading growth projects across the business, including operating plans, functional and regional growth strategies and supporting/project management of special projects
- Ensuring projects are resourced fully and progressing as expected
- Contributing strategic considerations to company-wide change initiatives
- Preparation of Annual Board Strategy Review and Board updates/reporting
- Supporting with the preparation of investor presentations and commentary
- Professional experience with a top rating from a strategic consultancy, investment bank or a business similar to Burberry
- Excellent understanding of luxury fashion market, at industry and individual competitor level
- Demonstrable understanding of strategic analysis at both a corporate and business unit level
- Experience in strategy development combining strategic and analytical perspectives with a pragmatic commercial and action-oriented approach
- A track record of successful implementation of strategic initiatives across business units and/or functions
- A self-starter who delivers own projects well and can also manage a team and work across more informal networks
- A forward-thinker, not afraid to take risks to drive changes to traditional business models, capitalising on new technologies, partners and concepts
- Cultural sensitivity and global outlook, including proven ability to work across markets
- Strong resilience and ability to stand their ground appropriately in the face of challenge
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert