AMIRI has an exciting new position open for a Technical Design Intern in our Denim category! As the Technical Design Intern, your role is to assist the Senior Technical Designers and Pre-Production team of denim products. You will work closely with the Design, Product Development, and Production teams to ensure the denim products meet quality standards, are produced on time, and within budget. This role requires a combination of technical experience, attention to detail, and excellent communication and collaborative skills. This internship will be on-site at our Los Angeles offices three days per week and will be for up to 12-weeks but can get extended to 6-months.
- Assist in the development of denim products from concept to production.
- Collaborate with the Pre-Production team to ensure production standards are met and denim product is successfully manufactured.
- Create technical packages including: specs, measurements, and construction details.
- Ensure clear communication/direction in tech packs.
- Participate in fittings and communicate fit comments and revisions to suppliers and factories.
- Track and manage measurements of PPS, Fit Samples, SMS.
- Conduct quality control checks on samples and production to ensure they meet required standards.
- Collaborate with the Production team to troubleshoot any production issues that arise.
- Evaluate Fit and Construction of Fit Samples, PPS, SMS.
- Keep up-to-date with denim trends, technology, and innovation.
- Preferably a college student currently enrolled in Fashion School or an entry level professional with year of experience in denim /technical design, (in the fashion industry).
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Excel.
- Knowledge of garment construction, fabric and trim – not required but preferred.
- Understanding of fit and fit issues preferred.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.