Senior Financial Planning Analyst
- Ralph Lauren
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 2 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Our Senior Financial Planning Analyst is responsible for the financial support of the Marketing function in EMEA reporting to the FP&A Director and will work together with key business partners and Senior Management to support the Marketing financial operations - including responsibility for functional budgeting/long-range planning, forecasting, and month end close activities. This role requires strong foundational knowledge and experience in finance/accounting and you are proactive and innovative financial professional with the ability to multi-task with a high degree of analytical proficiency and integrity. You will be a proactive and innovative financial professional with the ability to multi-task with a high degree of analytical proficiency and integrity. Our Offices are located in New Bond Street, London UK - and we offer a hybrid working model with minimum 2-3 days in the office and flexibility to work remotely.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the Marketing leads to develop the monthly forecasts, annual budget, and long-range plan processes, and prepare supporting analyses and bridges.
• Responsible for Close monthly process, including team tracker reconciliations, accruals/re-classes postings, and variance analysis.
• Review monthly expense results with functional department leads; act as the lead finance business partner for expenses and establish a track record of clear communication and sound follow up.
• Support decision making and provide guidance for marketing requests and new business initiatives.
• Support with decks preparation for business reviews with EMEA/CORP Senior Management as well as other decision-making forums.
• Work closely with the Marketing team and prepare analytical insights.
• Anticipate needs of business partners and prioritise efforts to deliver results.
• Establish and maintain strong business partnerships across divisional finance teams to promote teamwork and organizational alignment including sharing best practices across divisions.
• Support and prepare ad hoc analysis and special projects as required.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification preferred, with experience in Finance.
• Experience in Finance/Accounting; FP&A in a multinational or retail company preferred.
• Strong communication and presentation skills (oral, written, and formal) with the ability to develop professional relationships with varying levels of management.
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment; detail oriented with strong organization skills.
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills; high degree of accuracy with a strong attention to detail.
• Self-motivated/pro-active, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results.
• Mandatory: Advanced competency in Excel and other Microsoft applications.
• Preferred: SAP, Insight, and Hyperion Essbase.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert