Assistant Designer (White House Black Market- Sweaters) - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- White House Black Market
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
This position is responsible for assisting with the creation and developing of products for assigned category or categories from start to finish, as well as support the design team to execute the seasonal concept direction, line plan style development, adhering to margin requirements, and timely completion of product.
- Assists design team in creating the product collections at the beginning of each season.
- Prepares development creative packages under the direction of the senior designer and/or designer.
- Assists in managing multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the development calendar and ensuring teams adhere to the T&A.
- Prepares design tech packs.
- Prepares for seasonal product review meetings.
- Shops monthly to compile market research to gain an understanding of the brand and stays abreast of trends both directional and at a retail level, including, but not limited to brick & mortar and online research.
- Maintains awareness of direction of other classifications in order to use knowledge and apply to bigger picture.
- May prepare design tech packs.
- May Prepare for seasonal product review meetings.
- May attend development fit sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position may be found in multiple brands.Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
- High School or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years' experience in the apparel design industry
- Strong sketching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external partners
- Strong sense and passion for print, pattern and details that make the brand and product unique
- Affinity for working in a team environment
- Computer proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Excel, and Word
- InDesign experience preferred
- Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
- The ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
White House Black Market began in 1985, dressing women in black and white, the absolute expression of chic sophistication. Acquired by Chico’s FAS in 2003, White House Black Market fashions have expanded to include the full color spectrum. Designed exclusively in-house, White House Black Market styles focus on flattering fits, refined fabrics and designer details with a modern, feminine edge. Trusted, personalized service sets White House Black Market apart and more than 3,000 stylist associates are available for wardrobing assistance at more than 350 boutiques and outlets across North America. Around-the-clock shopping and styling inspiration can be found at whbm.com. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert