Director, Design (Chico's) - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 2 Jul 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Director / President / C Suite
This position is responsible for clearly directing and driving the cohesive design and execution of the assigned categories and collections while maintaining the brand's integrity. This position is responsible for mentoring, guiding, and developing the design team through its evolution in its organization, processes, and its partnerships with all cross-functional teams both internal and external while fostering a culture that ensures accountability. Inspires teams to build strong basic and fashion basic assortments, while advocating and influencing fashion ideas and stores.
- Owns the design process and guides innovation responsible for being highly influential in the development of the seasonal and monthly concepts and trends expanding beyond the origination point into a cohesive collection.
- Guides the development and design of the collection through the design team including fabric, print, trim, silhouette, outfitting, key looks, and fit across multiple seasons and all stages of the development cycle ensuring quality and style are accurate.
- Develops long and short-term strategic plans for the design team and design processes to support macro business strategies while partnering cross-functionally.
- Drives and coordinates the calendar and process through the design team and cross-functional teams; evaluating and enhancing as needed to ensure objectives and deadlines are met.
- Fosters strong relationships with internal and external services, vendors, and suppliers.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of the customer through regular store visits and attending key business meetings.
- Provides solutions for process improvements and leads company initiatives.
- Responsible for staying abreast of current market and trade trends through frequent travel domestic, Europe, and Asia.
- Owns creation of design calendar and manages the T&A.
- Identifies and recommends changes to drive process efficiencies.
- Manages to line plans and prepares development ratios by category, while presenting new ideas and white space opportunities.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
- Bachelor's degree in Design is required
- 8 + years of related experience including management experience
- Excellent managerial, organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Ability to navigate and lead through change
- Exceptional Silhouette, Color and Trend forecasting ability
- Collaborative and team-oriented leader
- High attention to detail
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinker
- Strong print and pattern sense
- Knowledge of fabrics and pattern-making skills
- Ability to travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and Adobe suite
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert