Selling Team Lead, Full Time - Bloomie's Old Orchard
- Skokie, Illinois
- Closing date
- 5 Jul 2023
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Sales Team Lead's supervisory role serves a core function supporting the Store Manager and Store Leader in creating a customer centric experience and leading the Bloomie's team in daily operations of the business, driving sales and profit. The Sales Team Lead is proficient in all aspects of selling culture and has a strong understanding of Bloomie's merchandise presentation standards of excellence. The Sales Team Lead must be able assist with both sales, service and merchandising functions as needed, demonstrating versatility between those functions as dictated by business needs. Ensures best possible customer experience by leading Sales, Service and Merchandising function as necessary.
- Performs supervisory functions for total store in the absence of the Store Manager or Store Leader.
- Partners with Store Leaders to ensure outstanding customer experience and execution of operational functions.
- Acts as a role model on professional selling behaviors and customer commitment, while supervising their team to do the same.
- Leads and educates relationship selling and client development within their area; driving outreach to maximize business.
- Delivers a best in-class shopping experience; injects self into customer interactions to ensure a consistent elevated level of customer service; prompts appropriate service and selling behaviors (e.g. reminds associate to offer business card, to call by name, to suggest an additional item, etc.)
- Oversees, trains and coaches selling expectations that drive customer loyalty.
- Drives event selling execution and customer outreach
- Demonstrates appropriate product knowledge and communicates sales and promotions to team.
- Trains and coaches colleagues on all of the behaviors, process and job responsibilities required of the selling team; including fulfillment and merchandising.
- Coaches colleagues providing feedback and redirection when necessary and keeps store leadership updated on team performance.
- Assists with new hire onboarding process and performance management of colleagues.
- Ensures that merchandise presentation and visual standards consistently achieved.
- Keeps track of schedules, making adjustments regarding PTO or other emergencies
- Protects Company assets, adhering to all operational and cash office procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers .
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Frequent use of computers - Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions.
- Prolonged periods of moving and standing for at least 2-4 consecutive hours.
- Ability to move around the selling floor and receiving/stock room freely for the length of the shift. Bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting. May involve reaching above eye level.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert