Founded in 2011 by Daniela Karnuts, Safiyaa is a demi-couture brand that celebrates natural confidence and unwavering femininity with client focused technology innovation at its forefront. Safiyaa is dedicated to creating a unique, personal, and all-around enjoyable shopping experience for the dynamic modern woman. Sustainability and craftsmanship lie at the heart of Safiyaa. Bringing the collections to life in our ateliers, we strive to reflect the same values for the brand as we would expect in our own lives – consciously and responsibly. Impeccably crafted, from carefully sourced sustainable fabrics, one tailor - per garment - stitches each piece from start to finish in a safe and ethical working environment.
Reporting to the In House Production Manager, we are looking for dedicated artisan Tailors to join our production team in our London based Atelier. Tailors being a pinnacle part of Safiyaa’s made-to-order experience, we are looking for detail oriented individuals who are passionate about creating beautiful bespoke garments.
- Work closely with the design team to construct, alter, modify and repair all garments when required, this may also consist of bespoke VIP pieces and special projects.
- Modifying garments according to clients requirements, ensuring that all pieces are finished to the highest quality/standard. This may include patching or sewing tears, shortening sleeves/straps, taking in seams etc.
- Ensure that all garments adhere to the Safiyaa finishing guidelines and standards.
- Continually improve ways of working, keeping work areas clean and tidy to ensure the productivity in the Atelier.
- Support fitting garments on clients when required, always demonstrating excellent product and tailoring knowledge and maintaining the high customer service standards.
- Support the other team members/tailors when needed to ensure efficient tailoring service.
- Experience working in the luxury retail industry and high quality materials.
- Experience working with intricate pieces and strong knowledge of tailoring.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail, ability to work quickly, accurately and independently.
- Highly organized, and can work well under pressure.
- Strong team player with a hands-on work ethic.
- A genuine passion for making high quality garments and interest in the luxury fashion industry.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of communicating with prestigious clients.
- Working efficiently to produce garments in a timely manner, keeping updated on all assigned orders and their deadlines.