- Tottenham London
- Competitive daily rate. Details on application
- Closing date
- 22 Jun 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Founded in 2011 by Daniela Karnuts, Safiyaa is a demi-couture brand that celebrates natural confidence and unwavering femininity with client focused technology innovation at its forefront. Safiyaa is dedicated to creating a unique, personal, and all-around enjoyable shopping experience for the dynamic modern woman. Sustainability and craftsmanship lie at the heart of Safiyaa. Bringing the collections to life in our ateliers, we strive to reflect the same values for the brand as we would expect in our own lives – consciously and responsibly. Impeccably crafted, from carefully sourced sustainable fabrics, one tailor - per garment - stitches each piece from start to finish in a safe and ethical working environment.
Reporting to the In House Production Manager, we are looking for dedicated artisan Tailors to join our production team in our London based Atelier. Tailors being a pinnacle part of Safiyaa’s made-to-order experience, we are looking for detail oriented individuals who are passionate about creating beautiful bespoke garments.
- Work closely with the design team to construct, alter, modify and repair all garments when required, this may also consist of bespoke VIP pieces and special projects.
- Modifying garments according to clients requirements, ensuring that all pieces are finished to the highest quality/standard. This may include patching or sewing tears, shortening sleeves/straps, taking in seams etc.
- Ensure that all garments adhere to the Safiyaa finishing guidelines and standards.
- Continually improve ways of working, keeping work areas clean and tidy to ensure the productivity in the Atelier.
- Support fitting garments on clients when required, always demonstrating excellent product and tailoring knowledge and maintaining the high customer service standards.
- Support the other team members/tailors when needed to ensure efficient tailoring service.
- Experience working in the luxury retail industry and high quality materials.
- Experience working with intricate pieces and strong knowledge of tailoring.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail, ability to work quickly, accurately and independently.
- Highly organized, and can work well under pressure.
- Strong team player with a hands-on work ethic.
- A genuine passion for making high quality garments and interest in the luxury fashion industry.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of communicating with prestigious clients.
- Working efficiently to produce garments in a timely manner, keeping updated on all assigned orders and their deadlines.
Safiyaa is a demi-couture brand, founded by Daniela Karnuts and named after her daughter.
It fuses traditional couture techniques, fabrics and finishes with a modern sensibility to create sophisticated, season-less clothes for the woman of day. Its aesthetic is as intriguing as it is elegant, traditional yet very current.
Daniela is passionate about challenging our ideas of modern luxury. For her, the narrative behind an item is just as important as the garment itself. “I want to buy things that have been made with care and love and I want to understand where they come from. I want to know that the story is about quality. I will always choose one great piece over several fast fashion items.”
As such, all the clothes are produced in SAFiYAA’s private atelier where each item is hand-sewn from start to finish by the same traditionally trained artisan who takes great pride in his work to ensure that the garment is as beautiful on the inside as it is the outside.
In addition to elevated daywear, SAFiYAA also creates cocktail attire and red carpet wear. Living in London with her husband, 2 children and Weimaraner dog, Daniela Karnuts was born in Munich, Germany and launched SAFiYAA in 2011.
Apply for Tailor
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert