Senior PR and Communications Manager
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Senior Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Role: Senior PR and Communications Manager
Reporting to: Brand Director
Location: Head Office, White City Place, West London
Contract type: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Closing Date: 02/06/2023
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing modern luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with seven London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
About the Role:
In this newly created role, the Senior PR and Communications Manager will be responsible for building and developing organic PR, advertising, VIP and media affiliate partnerships. We are looking for a full-time candidate to join this exciting, fast-paced department supporting UK and international growth as well as managing and developing a small team.
- Lead on the PR strategy for the business, driving brand awareness, visibility, and positioning.
- Building relationships with leading journalists and stylists internationally in order to receive high quality press coverage for the brand
- Report against commercial metrics to ensure trade is driven from traditional PR strategies and devise a framework to measure effectiveness against PR activity
- Work with the Brand Director and Senior Social and Community Manager to manage the external US PR and Influencer agency, working on accelerating the growth of the brand within the American market through VIP gifting and paid partnerships, along with traditional press strategies
- Own and develop the PR calendar for the company, identifying key moments of opportunity for PR growth and working with wider internal stakeholders to ensure product storytelling is in line with the wider business strategy
- Lead brand-building events to communicate with key opinion leaders as well as support retail teams in delivering stand out moments for VIP customers
- Identify VIP commercial opportunities for the brand’s PR strategy to drive sales through organic gifting and paid partnerships, working with agency support where needed
- Manage the PR budget for the Brand department, identifying key opportunities for commercial growth
- Lead brand advertising plans to deliver the most efficient print/digitial packages
- Work with the product performance team to manage all media affiliate partnerships for the brand globally.
- Managing a set budget, ensure that a healthy ROI is delivered against monthly metrics set by both the Growth and Brand Director
- Using external affiliate agency platforms identify opportunities of growth with key international publications that are driving sales for the brand and allow this to form part of the PR strategy
- Work alongside the Brand Director to form the Founder, Clare Hornby’s profile across relevant print, digital and media platforms to maximise brand exposure, whilst maintaining a strong and successful DTC luxury fashion brand message internationally
- Lead and mentor the PR team, ensuring they build expertise as the business grows
- Partner with the Senior Social and Community Manager to lead on all brand marketing events, leading on the shift perception from mid-market to luxury brand through PR activations
- A strong understanding of the global media landscape and an ability to determine relevant brand-aligned outlets High level relationships across industry opinion leaders
- An innate ability to story-tell in a relevant and inspiring way to ensure the brand story is consistently compelling
- Knowledge of the cross section between editorial and commercial and how to harness partnerships spanning both
- Experience is planning and executing beautiful, brand-enhancing events at a large and small scale
- A strategic thinker who possesses the ability to balance elevated brand positioning with commercial objectives
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- A confident leader, with a demonstrative track record of excellent people skills.
- Tenacious with the determination to raise the game and make a difference
- Full of ideas, with the ability to create bold, disruptive communications that punch above their weight
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Awards
- Employee referral incentive
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid Training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer Day
- Tech scheme with Curry's PC world
- Annual Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses frames with Specsavers
- Real Living Wage Employer
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When uploading your CV, please do not include any symbols in the name, otherwise the system will not accept your application.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert