- Wayne, New Jersey, United States
- Closing date
- 5 Jul 2023
- Logistics & Supply Chain
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Kering is looking to develop your Craftsmanship skills to enable you to contribute to the sustainment of the beautiful designs of our Houses.
The Craftsman Apprentice is to learn the processes and procedures of repair of Kering product in compliance of the Made in Italy quality tradition.
KERING Craftsman Apprentice
Job Family: Logistics
Job Title: Craftsman Apprentice
Location: Wayne, New Jersey
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, and Jewelry: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: "Empowering Imagination."
YOU WILL LEARN TO
- Repair the product without changing the original design by using materials, accessories, machineries, and techniques belonging to Brands traditional craftmanship
- Attach accessories or ornamentation to the products
- Align and stitch or glue materials such as fabric, fleece, leather, or wood, to join parts
- Construct, decorate, or repair leather products according to specifications, using sewing machines, needles and thread, leather lacing, glue, clamps, hand tools, and/or rivets
- Cut out parts following patterns or outlines, using knives, shears, scissors, or machine presses
- Insert or attach metal rings, handles, and fasten hardware
- Dye, soak, polish, paint, stamp, stitch, stain, buff, or engrave leather or other materials to obtain desired effects, decorations, or shapes
- Repair and recondition of leather products such as trunks, luggage, belts, purses, and wallets
- Re-sew seams, and replace handles and linings of luggage or handbags
- Select materials and patterns, and trace patterns onto materials to be cut out
WHO YOU ARE
- Enjoys working with your hands
- Loves seeing beautiful results of your work
- English written and spoken
- Close attention to fine details
- Ability to concentrate for a long period
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Available for extended training
- Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate with internal and external associates
Student (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Kering Americas Inc.
A world leader in apparel and accessories, Kering develops an ensemble of powerful Luxury and Sport & Lifestyle brands. By ‘empowering imagination’ in the fullest sense, Kering encourages its brands to reach their potential, in the most sustainable manner. Present in more than 120 countries, the Group generated revenues of more than €11.5 billion in 2015 and had more than 38,000 employees at year end.
Talent is craftsmanship that is born when creative geniuses and artisans collaborate. Luxury talent at Kering is about having a bold vision which empowers confidence and creates beauty.
Kering empowers its employees to fulfil their potential and creativity by fostering their skills and performance in the most imaginative and sustainable manner for the long term.
Talent is the energy that powers our Group.
40, rue de Sèvres
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert