Creative Pattern Cutter
- Alexander McQueen
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 29 Jun 2023
- Creative - Graphics, Images
- Full Time
Alexander McQueen are currently in search of an experienced Creative Pattern Cutter to work as part of our Design teams & in collaboration with In-House seamstresses based in our Central London Atelier.
How you will contribute?
- Working on Show/Pre-collections and Special projects.
- Creating patterns from designers’ brief/images using draping on the stand technique.
- Flat pattern cutting.
- Fitting bespoke garments, including taking measurements and pining for alterations during VIP fittings.
- Amending patterns accordingly to requests.
- Ensuring that patterns are produced and finalised to the required fit.
- Overseeing seamstresses’ work to ensure patterns are correctly followed.
Who you are?
- Previous significant experience within a Luxury Atelier is a necessary requirement.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of garment construction & pattern cutting across various womenswear categories.
- Experience in bespoke garment making and alterations.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Highly adaptable, fast & proactive, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic & Passionate.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills.
- Positive, can-do and solution-oriented attitude.
Why work with us?
At Alexander McQueen together we push boundaries to create legacy. Everyone can make a difference, and anything is possible.
We are passionate about beauty, creativity & quality. This is an opportunity to join our community of hard-working and talented individuals who are playing a part in the success of the House.
We offer a package of competitive benefits including, but not limited to –
- Pension, private medical insurance & performance related bonus.
- Clothing allowance, employee discounts & monthly lunch subsidy.
- 25 days annual leave excluding Bank Holidays plus dedicated time for employee volunteering.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Alexander McQueen, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We know that diverse skills, mindsets & experiences foster creativity and collaboration.
Please let our recruitment team know if you need support or reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage of the recruitment process. We will work with you to ensure that you have the best experience.
All applications will be considered, and we will do our best to provide an answer as soon as possible
- Full time
- United Kingdom
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
1-7 Aylesbury Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert