Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on. Alexander McQueen are currently in search of an agile and creative Store PlanningDesigner to join their close-knit team based in our Central London HQ. Your Opportunity?
You will play an invaluable role in designing our store projects, managing the end-to-end design process for new strategic store openings and refits. With excellent 3D rendering and technical Drawing’s skills, your role will be instrumental in ensuring that our projects respect the brand’s store concept - delivered to the highest standard and according to timing. How you will contribute?
Who you are?
- Projects typologies: stores, showrooms, furniture and Display design.
- Analysing all the information preliminary to the design (Guidelines, survey, photos, local constraints, technical & commercial briefs)
- Preliminary Layout proposals for Projects typologies: stores, Shop-in-shops, Corners, temporary shops, Pop Ups, Showrooms
- 3D rendering; 3DStudioMax renders and photoshopping.
- Design presentation throughCreativeDirector / Boardin order toget the approvals prior to production
- Final design production; Autocad Technical Drawings
- Materials, Design and Artistic references researching
Why work with us?
- A relevant degree in either Architecture or Interior Design.
- Prior experience working within Luxury Fashion/Retail is highly desirable.
- Excellentattention to detail - Creative, Smart, Well organised, Dynamic & Agile.
- High-end taste with a design orientated mindset.
- Proven experience of working simultaneously across multiple design projects within a fast-paced environment.
- IT Skills - 3DStudioMAX, RhinoCeros, Autocad, Pack Adobe.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills
At Alexander McQueen together we push boundaries to create legacy. Everyone can make a difference, and anything is possible.
We are passionate about beauty, creativity & quality. This is an opportunity to join our community of hard-working and talented individuals who are playing a part in the success of the House. We offer a package of competitive benefits including, but not limited to –
Diversity and Inclusion
- Pension, private medical insurance & performance related bonus.
- Clothing allowance, employee discounts & monthly lunch subsidy.
- 25 days annual leave excluding Bank Holidays plus dedicated time for employee volunteering.
At Alexander McQueen, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We know that diverse skills, mindsets & experiences foster creativity and collaboration.
Please let our recruitment team know if you need support or reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage of the recruitment process. We will work with you to ensure that you have the best experience. What’s next?
All applications will be considered, and we will do our best to provide an answer as soon as possible.
- Full time
- United Kingdom