Graduate Trainee, Leathergoods.
- Alexander McQueen
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
Alexander McQueen is in search of a Creative, Adaptable & Highly Passionate Graduate Trainee to join their Leathergoods department.
The Graduate Trainee for Leathergoods will provide support to the Senior Designer, Designer and Assistant Leathergoods Designers, assisting with required tasks ensuring completion to the highest standard, in a timely manner, aligned to the department’s briefs.
How you will contribute?
- Undertake image research
- Sketching and technical drawings
- Making Swatches/ mock-ups/ trials
- Photoshop renderings
- Illustrator artworks
- Embroidery placements
- Photographing and organizing prototypes and samples
- Maintaining and updating archives
- Other administrative tasks required by the Leathergoods Department
Who you are?
- Technical knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Strong hand drawing skills
- Excellent machine and hand sewing skills
- Good understanding of the House
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attitude and flexible approach to work
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Strong teamwork skills, with an ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate the utmost level of attention to detail, while working to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Previous design experience working within a Leathergoods team for a luxury fashion brand is desirable.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Travel within the UK and Europe may be required
Why work with us?
At Alexander McQueen together we push boundaries to create legacy. Everyone can make a difference and anything is possible.
We are passionate about beauty, creativity & quality. This is an opportunity to join our community of hard-working and talented individuals who are playing a part in the success of the House.
We offer a package of competitive benefits including, but n
- Pension, private medical insurance & performance related bonus.
- Clothing allowance, employee discounts & monthly
- 25 days annual leave excluding Bank Holidays plus dedicated time for employee volunteering.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Alexander McQueen, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We know that diverse skills, mindsets & experiences foster creativity and collaboration.
Please let our recruitment team know if you need support or reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage of the recruitment process. We will work with you to ensure that you have the best experience.
All applications will be considered and we will do our best to provide an answer as soon as possible.
- Full time
- United Kingdom
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
1-7 Aylesbury Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert