We're looking for an Assistant Furniture Technologist with manufacturing or retail experience, coupled with an analytical mind to join our growing team.The role...
Working with some amazing brands... MADE, Laura Ashley, Rockett St. George, Jasper Conran you''ll be working closely alongside the Home product teams, using your technical knowledge of furniture and skills to provide support and ensure product development is meeting the business's standards for quality and value - as well as adhering to legal and industry standards.Planning the range;
evaluating new products to ensure they are legal and safe and meet performance and legal requirements. Developing the range;
providing technical support to the Product Team and promoting collaborative and close working relationships. Support, development and review of the seasonal ranges;
always looking out for market opportunities and new trends. Approving and progressing the range;
providing clear and concise written and verbal communication internally and externally, ensuring that the correct documentation is used. Preparing for launch;
reporting exceptions to launch to the Product Team and line manager, with solutions to problems are met. Managing in season;
having awareness of current sales information, including best sellers.About you...
Skills and/or qualifications:
- You'll be able to demonstrate an understanding of furniture technology, construction, testing and manufacturing methods.
- Flexible approach to be able to adjust to the constantly changing needs of the business.
- Ability to convey technical information clearly and accurately.
- Exceptional eye for technical detail.
- Applied technical knowledge of furniture construction and performance is an advantage.
- Highly organised with good prioritisation skills.
- Confident and clear communication skills; both verbal and written to work productively alongside product teams and external suppliers.
- Product manufacturing experience is an advantage.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking