Manager, Overnight Logistics: 59th Street
- New York, New York
- Closing date
- 6 Jul 2023
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Store Leaders are on the forefront of both the colleague and customer experience. Through a dynamic leadership style, interpersonal skills and business acumen, Logistics Managers will inspire their team to bring the Bloomingdale's mission, to be like no other store in the world, to life. A leader's success is through the connectivity of their team and a Logistics Manager is responsible for unlocking each member's individual motivation and goals. The Logistics Manager owns delivery of company standards for all merchandise presentation, replenishment and logistics. They are a multi-purpose partner supporting merchandise handling and support functions that augment the customer experience and drive productivity.
- Actively participate in weekly Workload Planning meeting including Big Day Strategy
- Ensure company standard markdown completion, with a sales-floor-first execution mentality
- Meet company logistics standards in Return to Vendor (RTV), Jobout, and transfer metrics
- Achieve company floor ready standards
- Partner with the Visual and Merchandising Teams to participate in Markdowns, Jobouts, RTV, etc. when the workload dictates
- Participate proactively in seasonal shortage reduction strategies, including action plan development and implementation, shortage meetings, seasonal awareness weeks
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 1-2 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert