Senior Financial Analyst
- Ralph Lauren
- Nutley, New Jersey, United States
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Seeking an ambitious and analytical individual to join our corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team. The position has 2 main areas of focus / responsibility. Financial Planning and Analysis Individual will provide operating expense oversight and financial reporting for several global Corporate Shared Service functions. Responsibilities include supporting the annual budget process, long-range plan, forecast, month-end close and adhoc needs as they arise. Individual will serve as a key financial liaison between Corporate Accounting, multiple domestic and international business partners and a range of peer internal FP&A teams. Financial Modeling Individual will be responsible for supporting the development of complex modeling of key financial investments under the supervision of the finance director. Investment areas will primarily focus on marketing, innovation, digital and human capital and the goal of the team is to provide an unbiased fact-based assessment of the P&L impact of investment opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Budgeting: Participates in bottoms-up build of operating expense budgets aligned with Corporate growth directive; inclusive of creating budget documents necessary to capture a comprehensive view of operational and strategic needs
* Forecasting: Responsible for oversight and tracking of Corporate operating expense through monthly forecast submission. Collaborates with business partners (stand alone or with manager) on a consistent basis to remain informed of business plans and their impact on financial targets. Conducts monthly expense review with key business partners.
* Month-End Close: Responsible for the month-end financial close process including analyzing variances to budget and forecast, preparing correcting journal entries and partnering with Corporate Accounting to ensure journal entries are supported with appropriate back-up. Compile close deliverables in a timely manner.
* Financial Modeling: Help build robust and insightful financial models that capture relevant risk and opportunity.
* Support in analyzing monthly and quarterly results, including continued refinement of reporting and analysis.
* Proactively and timely alerts manager to financial risks and opportunities; provides recommendations to mitigate.
* Promotes an environment of continuous improvement by identifying opportunities to create process efficiencies.
* Prepare financial reports and presentation materials to facilitate decision making.
* Assists with ad-hoc initiatives / analysis to support business needs.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Prefer experience in luxury retail
* At least 4-5 years of work experience
* Progressive Finance or Accounting experience; including operating expense management
* Experience with SAP
* Proficient in Hyperion/Essbase; Microsoft Excel; PowerPoint
* Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written, with the proven ability to influence senior leaders
* Highly analytical and detail orientated with a high degree of accuracy; strategic thinker
* Well organized with the ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Flexibility to reprioritize based on deadlines and priorities
* Self-motivated / self-starter; works independently to identify and / or resolve issues
* Team player possessing a strong work ethic; able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Must demonstrate appropriate level of judgment, discretion, confidentiality and professional courtesy
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert