Sahara creates contemporary clothing with a unique, bohemian-chic aesthetic inspired by the spirit of adventure, global design discoveries and unbounded creativity.
We make clothes for the individual not the crowd; with each piece created using luxurious natural fabrics and traditional techniques, Sahara provides an antidote to the culture of fast fashion. Our pieces are designed to feel luxurious, flattering, and timeless, created to last season upon season.
Who we are looking for:
Sahara is seeking a positive thinking, dynamic, exceptionally organised, hands-on Production Assistant to support the busy Production Department. Ideally the successful candidate will have worked within the fashion industry in a production environment for at least a year but training can be given to the right individual . This is an office-based role that does not suit regular remote working.
- Provide general day to day assistance to the Head of Production and Production Coordinator
- Be responsible for the general tidiness and organisation of the Department
- Assist Production Co-Ordinator in generating commodity codes, updating Production Schedule and Company’s software system.
- Assist in the full set-up of new styles in the Company’s software system
- Responsible for sending sampling fabric and patterns to UK suppliers
- Chase samples from all factories and update Sample Tracker
- Receive and tag all samples into the business.
- Approve Factory Sampling invoices
- Order production labels, swing tickets and other items for garment finishing and send to relevant factories
- Keep track of trims stock at Factories and Suppliers.
- Organise pattern boxes and pattern archive , keeping an accurate and up to date record of contents
- Organise garments for photo shoots and keep a tracker of garments’ whereabouts.
- Process and book in returned shoot samples to the warehouse
- Take ownership of the Sample Archive for the business. Store and label seasonal samples.
- Create seasonal style file books for Head Office & Sahara retail stores
- Ensure all Production storage and garment rails are kept tidy and in order
- Upkeep of Production supplies – making sampling tags, pattern pack stickers, update labels for seasonal rails
- Updating of Seasonal Price Architecture report
- Managing UPS and DHL shipments incoming and outgoing
- Approving Courier Invoices
You as a person:
- Must be organised with a positive disposition
- Must have a solution oriented approach to work
- Possess acute attention to detail
- Must be numerate
- Must have a sense of responsibility and care
- Will be computer literate with strong Excel skills, and ideally possess knowledge of Adobe InDesign
In return we provide:
- friendly working environment
- a competitive salary
- a generous holiday allowance
- flexible start and finish times
- discretionary annual bonus
- access to exclusive perks and discounts via Perkbox
- a generous staff discount
- Organic fruit, great coffee, and Prosecco every Friday afternoon
Sahara is passionate about working with great people & building inspirational, creative teams. We spend a lot of time at work, so we know how important it is to enjoy your working day and we do so in beautiful offices with an abundance of natural light. We promote a friendly, non-corporate environment at our HQ; we are passionate and hard-working and enjoy socialising both in and out of the office.