Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.Alexander McQueen are in search of a creative, organised, and proactive Assistant Designer to join our Jewellery Design Team based in our Central London HQ.
As Assistant Designer you will effectively collaborate with the wider design team to ensure the creation of an inspired Jewellery collection, working on both men and women’s collections & eyewear. How you will contribute -
Who you are -
- Provide support to the designers in developing the collections both creatively and technical.
- Produce designs and colour-ups in illustrator and Photoshop
- Create technical drawings on Illustrator and produce detailed technical files in Indesign.
- Effective management of deadlines.
- Make visual research and create mood-boards.
- Attending to look-book shoots and fittings.
Why work with us?
- Degree in a related discipline (Jewellery, Product Design)
- Previous experience within Jewellery design is required.
- Detail oriented, a strong self-starter who takes initiative.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign)
- Adaptable, fast and proactive, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating technical drawings (Illustrator), sketches and colour renderings (Photoshop)
- Ability to cohesively work within a team.
At Alexander McQueen together we push boundaries to create legacy. Everyone can make a difference, and anything is possible.
We are passionate about beauty, creativity & quality. This is an opportunity to join our community of hard-working and talented individuals who are playing a part in the success of the House. We offer a package of competitive benefits including, but not limited to –
Diversity and Inclusion
- Pension, private medical insurance & performance related bonus.
- Clothing allowance, employee discounts & monthly lunch subsidy.
- 25 days annual leave excluding Bank Holidays plus dedicated time for employee volunteering.
At Alexander McQueen, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We know that diverse skills, mindsets & experiences foster creativity and collaboration.
Please let our recruitment team know if you need support or reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage of the recruitment process. We will work with you to ensure that you have the best experience. What’s next?
All applications will be considered, and we will do our best to provide an answer as soon as possible.
- Full time
- United Kingdom