Most recently, the Group has established a new Joint Venture with the iconic Australian brand Zimmermann: a brand that exudes sophistication, femininity and that has stayed true to it's vision. ZIMMERMANN is one of Australia's leading and most respected fashion designer brands. They maintain stand-alone retail stores throughout Australia, Europe, China and the US and a successful online business. ZIMMERMANN also upholds a well-established wholesale business internationally. The brand is now looking to expand it's retail store network and business into the Middle East, and open it's first store in the heart of Dubai! This is an exciting time to embark on the journey and be part of the growth into the GCC market.
Here is a look at their latest Fall23 Runway
What you'll be doing
As Brand Director, you will be responsible for executing the local strategy, goals, and direction of Zimmermann in alignment with the global brand and omnichannel vision. Working closely with the CEO and key stakeholders, the Brand Director is responsible for driving and developing growth, profitability, and client excellence across the GCC region, by providing key operational and leadership support. Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide key support and expertise in development of the business plan of the brand operations in the GCC, in line with the overall global strategic direction of the brand.
- Successfully liaise with Australian head office leadership and joint venture partner.
- Agree on commercial KPI's with CEO / CFO and drive achievement through the teams, accordingly, continuously monitoring progress and development towards strategic initiatives. Including sales budgets, manpower costs etc.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to support implementation of projects that drive success and innovation in the region.
- Generate ideas and initiatives that will aid in the growth and success of the brand, including retail, marketing, and digital activities.
- Maintain and share up to date knowledge of the marketplace, competitors, and trends, including building strong relationships with external stakeholders (landlords, suppliers etc).
- Support the Retail team to translate strategic goals into operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit.
- Maximize sales through development and execution of store service strategies, tracking the sales performance of stores within the region and providing motivation through training and incentives in accordance with policies and budgets.
- Develop market specific strategies around customer outreach, retention, and servicing.
- Oversee the targets for stores in the region in accordance with agreed annual budgets, providing ongoing analysis and review of budgets, staffing levels and structure for the region.
- Assist in maximizing digital investments across the region, including ecommerce programs and initiatives.
- Drive operational excellence strong through leadership and decision making.
- Support the management of the store network investments, including opening and renovation of stores.
- Partner with Buying and Planning for seasonal forecasting for the region.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous proven experience in a senior management position in a luxury / designer brand environment, ideally with a foundation in retail operations.
- Experience gained in the GCC region would be desirable.
- Experience in identifying, pursuing and capturing new business opportunities.
- Experience in financial management.
- Experience working closely with brand and digital teams to support brand growth and recognition.
- Ability to nurture relationships with clients and key partners.
- Ability to influence without authority and to be regarded as a credible trusted leader of a business.
- Self-aware, with the appropriate leadership skills to inspire high performing teams.
- Experience in developing and managing a cross-functional team with a variety of skills and experience.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, and project management skills
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role. You will have the opportunity to progress your career within an Australian global luxury brand, including international opportunities and access to ongoing Training & Development to grow your career within Zimmermann. As a brand and as an organization they continue to listen, learn and take meaningful action so they may build on their diversity, providing resources and training to put talented teams in order to advance equality and inclusion.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION