Senior Finance Manager, Supply Chain and Product
- Turin, Italy
- Closing date
- 6 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for partnering with Business and Finance colleagues to deliver commercial finance leadership to the 'site leader' and leadership team as well as more broadly to teams supporting the development and manufacture of Outerwear (OTW) and relevant RTW categories (RMM, Sourcing, Product Development). This role should be viewed as a co-pilot to Business colleagues, driving performance, pro-actively looking for value opportunities and championing cost focus. You will be responsible for providing commercial and financial support to the Head of Operations and other functional leaders and represent Finance on the Leadership Team.
The Senior Finance Manager will have full responsibility for the management, reporting and forecasting of production cost for the site and drive accountability for excellent cost management. As the business will not be immediately integrated into Burberry systems and processes, the Senior Finance Manager will be accountable for all financial accounting, reporting and internal controls and effective connection into Group Finance.
Business Partnering: Product Cost and Margin
• Play a key role in evaluating business performance and offering advice on future direction to achieve business targets and KPIs. Track, report and monitor performance against these targets and KPIs.
• Own financial accounting, management and reporting for the business, ensuring accurate, timely and complete management and statutory reporting in compliance with group policies, working closely with group finance and tax. Review and approve Financial transactions, Finance reports, Balance Sheet and KPI's.
• Develop insightful reporting and analysis, ensuring delivery of effective monthly management reports, providing costing guidance for seasonal forecasts, budget, and three-year plan, and ad hoc project support.
• Partner with Supply Chain to deliver optimised product cost through vendor/supplier negotiations, with specific focus on understanding their cost structures and financial management
• Lead the side cost savings programme and ensure delivery of financial KPI`s
• Review and approve Product Costing and ensure measures are in place to validate costs.
• Support strategic projects to drive growth and/or reshape the portfolio; evaluate investment cases and support change management and implementation
• Support risk management processes across the site.
Budget Management (Opex, CAPEX)
Oversee the site financial planning process and budget management for the site:
• Optimise and control operational budget across NewCo, managing investments in both internal manufacturing and the wider supply network
• Lead the annual budget process for NewCO and track delivery in year against financial targets
• Control people costs for the site teams; evaluate and support investment requests as appropriate
• Ensure appropriate financial controls are functioning effectively across both manufacturing and product development areas
• Build and develop a strong finance team with a focus on business partnering and creating a robust control environment. embedding the required changes post completion of the deal, setting up new robust processes and policies partnering with business stakeholders
• Lead the financial transition activities pre and post completion of the deal ( completion accounts, knowledge transfer from Pattern, managing NewCo set up activities) and setting up robust accounting and reporting processes and required policies at the site in line with the Burberry policies and process framework.
• Partner on key transformation activities across the wider Supply Chain and Product Finance Team
• Leadership: a strong collaborative leader, able to communicate effectively and develop strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
• Change & Transformation: A successful track record of driving change and transformation, delivering effective programmes and initiatives that have a positive business impact
• People Management: a leader with a proven track record of building and developing strong finance teams, focussed on business partnering
• Self-starter: Ability to prioritise demands across different teams and projects whilst achieving key deadlines
• Stakeholder management: Successful experience of managing multiple stakeholders with different demands
• Adopts and leads with the Burberry values - Creatively Driven, Open & Caring, Proud of our Heritage and Forward Thinking
• Supply Chain & Product Expertise: Demonstrable experience in the supply chain domain, ideally with experience of all aspects of the function including sourcing, manufacturing, logistics, and product flows.
• Luxury: Experience gained within luxury consumer goods or within suppliers of luxury goods preferred; knowledge of RTW/Outerwear Manufacturing an advantage.
• Italian Accounting: Experience of producing financial statements for an Italian entity beneficial, and a strong understanding of local fiscal requirements
• Education: Bachelor's degree or higher professional qualification in Business (MBA)
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Turin || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || COMMERCIAL FINANCE || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert