At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Own and implement the commercial and trade to implement onsite merchandising strategies for Burberry.com, creating the best in class and engaging user experience.
Secondary: Advisory role for partner platforms
- Partner with Business Intelligence manager to turn data into concrete analysis (WHAT & WHY) to better understand trade, product, range, stock, and onsite merchandising performance
- Solve problems, develop hypotheses and suggest actionable recommendations linked to product, stock, merchandising & content
- Enable digital business team members and stakeholders digest analysis to make fast, data -based decisions.
- Identify business opportunities within domains such as "all things product"/onsite merchandising and its link with marketing/CRM/web shop performance, resulting in incremental sales or efficiencies.
TRADING & COMMERCIAL
- Manage the trade/merchandising calendar - planning with central Merchandising, marketing, content, social, email and seek to constantly optimize the web shop & spend
- Co-own and lead commercials/trade, product range/collection/category performance regularly, marketing spend, identifying drivers and laggards to suggest improvements
- Monitor stock and synchronize the publication of products, refresh the homepage and landing pages, merchandise categories to push business needs
- Partner with regional & Central Site Merchandising, Paid Media and Marketing teams to determine communication schedule, select relevant product mix and stories for commercial moments
- Feed in regional input to Central team on strategic and operational needs to support the America's business
- Compile & analyse accurate reports on trading performance, product behaviour by week, month, country & categories
- Derive actionable insights from reports (product, stock covers, range)
- Analytics platforms, A/B tests and present to senior management & relevant stakeholders
- Monitor analytics platforms daily to create an understanding of current standing and actionable recommendations
- Stay up to date with the competitive landscape, industry trends and other new site merchandising opportunities (e.g., new systems)
SITE MERCHANDISING & MARKETING
- Use customer and behavioural data to optimize end-to-end on-site onsite merchandising activities, including improving customer experience, product visibility (PLP), earch, conversion and finally, net sales by creating and applying the right merchandising strategies.
- Guide customers through the shop > PLPs, PDPs, filters, navigation, search, cross/upsell modules, newness/seasonality through constant customer & product group analyses
- Utilize product and customer analytics to decide how & where products should be displayed online to maximize sales
- Align with cross functional stakeholders on operational actions for acquisition, promotion, retention, communication, etc.
- 5+ years of professional work experience as an Ecommerce Merchandiser or a similar role
- Understanding of e-commerce & 3P digital landscapes with a strong view on increasing sales, conversion, and engagement throughout customer journeys.
- Demonstrated business acumen & analytical abilities with a focus on delivering insights that drive improvements
- Experience in several domains is a plus (e.g., Onsite Merchandising, CRM, performance marketing, marketplaces, Web & App Analytics).
- Strong communication & fluency in English
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment
- Professional experience in Data Visualization/dashboarding, Report generation
- Good problem-solving skills with an analytical mindset & a team player attitude
- Commercial awareness & understanding of big picture
- Strong organisational and process management skills
- Proven ability to collaborate broadly with a flexible, positive attitude and ability to get results
- Experience in Fashion/Retail is a plus
MEASURES OF SUCCESS Standardized regular or ad hoc reports/dashboards presented in a timely manner for business review Communication of product performance to relevant stakeholders in an easily visualized format Insights recommended along with proposed solutions converted into actions based on data Results and learnings shared creating a constant learn, test, implement culture Strong connection with HQ to ensure consistency with global reporting Derive business cases backed by data for new or improved business development opportunities FOOTER
- BI Applications: Looker, Power BI or Tableau (or any other enterprise level BI/visualization tool)
- Web Analytics: Content Square, Google Analytics/Data Studio, Adobe Analytics ( or equivalent digital analytics tool )
- Merchandising & Personalization Tools: Fredhopper/Attraqt, Dynamic Yield/PIM/CMS
- Knowledge of E-commerce platforms (Salesforce, VTEX, Shopify) is expected
- Operations: Jira, Confluence, Advanced Excel skills
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $120,000.00 and $130,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || RETAIL OFFLINE || AMERICAS - RETAIL MANAGEMENT || n/a ||