The Business of Fashion is seeking an ambitious, experienced and talented business development professional to help drive the growth of its brand partnerships globally. With your strong background in sales and well-established network of relationships within the fashion industry you’ll play a critical role in the future success of the business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
As Senior Manager of Brand Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing global partnerships that are significant in revenue terms, scalable in terms of their long-term potential, and strategic in the sense that they support the growth of BoF’s existing marketing products and events. This role will have a particular focus on sponsorship of BoF Events including BoF Professional Summits, The Business of Beauty Global Forum, the BoF500 gala and BoF VOICEs. Additionally sales will cover digital advertising and strategic partnerships across branded content and the BoF Podcast.
As such you’ll get to work on a fast-growing business and have a direct tangible impact on its success each and every day. You will conceive, plan and execute commercial partnerships that create a significant return on investment for the BoF community and for its partners.
In this sales-driven role you will be expected to leverage your existing relationships as well as build new relationships with the most important companies in the global fashion industry and non-endemic industries such as tech, real estate, beauty, travel, hospitality and spirits. As such you must be able to work at a strategic level, generating bold and imaginative partnership ideas that sit at the intersection of BoF’s strategic needs and those of our potential partners.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Identify and secure strategic partnerships that support BoF’s core marketing services and events (Advertising, Sponsorship, Podcast, Branded Content, Global Partnerships)
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals (£650k), managing sales pipeline and closing new business via strategic partnerships
- Leverage your existing fashion industry network of senior executives to grow and up-sell BoF global partnerships
- Create partnerships that unlock new value and tap into new audiences feeding into BoF’s strategic platform for the members of the global fashion community
- Expand BoF’s partner portfolio across key verticals such as beauty, hard luxury, hospitality, technology, travel and automotive
- Nurture relationships with key stakeholders and integrate relevant BoF teams
- Cross-collaborate with BoF’s London and US teams to ensure highest impact cross-vertical and geographic partnerships
Who You Are
You are an experienced, successful and highly professional business development representative on the upward curve of your career, with a set of well established relationships with key companies in the global fashion industry and a track record of creating successful strategic partnerships. Significant experience of the US market in particular is also essential.
Entrepreneurial, and the ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, you combine strong commercial instincts, with a meticulous eye for detail and a high sense of urgency. Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Extremely well-developed relationship building skills
- Self-starter with a bias for action who can make things happen when faced with ambiguity
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, flexibility, creativity, and ‘outside the box’ thinking
- High performance under pressure and a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent communication skills and experience selling to senior executives
- Robust knowledge of and experience implementing best in class strategic partnerships
- Experience of working cross-functionally in a very collaborative environment
- Resilient temperament, focused and persistent honing in on what really matters to move the needle