ABOUT THE FOLD:
The Fold is a British direct to consumer womenswear brand with international reach and a loyal community of professional women.
Our collection defines 24/7 dressing through versatile pieces that are designed to create a clean, modern aesthetic. A selection that is unique, specially created for The Fold Woman.
The Fold designs are committed to exemplify the highest standards of quality and our fabrics are sourced from the finest European mills to make our clients feel truly indulged in fabulous crepes, silks, wools and jerseys.
In honour of our inspiring clients we have created The Fold Woman, an online and offline community, profiling our extraordinary clients to empower the image of women working in the business world. We host regular networking events mainly in our Chelsea store bringing together the highest achieving women in business.
Today we are a two-fold manifestation of that vision: a community of like-minded, successful women, and an empowering, high quality, elegant collection.
Polly McMaster is the Co-Founder behind The Fold. A successful business woman and former City professional, whose love of fashion was the inspiration to create a chic new brand for women:
"The Fold is about understanding the professional woman's needs in her daily life and trying to create a stylish, contemporary wardrobe for them. To this end, we are building a brand in our own right based on our label and designs".
Our ambition is to be the global go-to brand for the modern businesswoman. We believe that our customers should feel confident and stylish dressing for work every day.
About the role:
The Store Supervisor in our new London store, is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the store, driving KPI’s and ensuring the store team provides the Fold gold standard customer care, product knowledge and sales support for our customers. Reporting to the London Store Manager, this is a varied role so a “can-do” attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves is required!
We offer late night appointments, so the expectation to be flexible with evenings and Saturdays is crucial.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform managerial duties in the manager’s absence including opening/closing checklists, organising the daily run and day to day processes.
- Work closely with the manager to find ways to encourage/incentivise the team in a creative and productive way. Assist manager in organising, planning and implementing store strategy.
- Being commercially minded, driving the store success by identifying sales opportunities and store growth and reporting to the manager on store performance.
- Execute daily customer service operations: sales processes, orders, client requests and payments. Delegate tasks effectively and appropriately to create a self-managing team.
- Work alongside the styling team to deliver sales targets and ensure KPIs are met.
- Deliver daily team briefings to motivate staff to achieve sales providing support and direction to the team where needed and using coaching/ training to help staff reach their potential.
- Handle customer service issues and challenges in a professional and calm manner. Be the “go to” person for resolving customer issues.
- Monitor and maintain store inventory and stock levels through monthly stock takes, 10 cycle counts a week and report results.
- Set, communicate and maintain the Fold gold standards across the store with the team, including ensuring all employees adhere to company policies and guidelines.
- Implement CRM initiatives to develop a clientele network, including innovative ways to increase customer loyalty, retention, satisfaction and spend whilst building up a personal client base and oversee your own clientele book.
- Complete product training with team members to maintain high levels of product knowledge.
- Monitor competitor activity and local trading patterns and report to the manager.
- Processing delivery and mid-week top up to ensure current collection is replenished and up to date.
- Go above and beyond to ensure the customer needs are met and consistently deliver the best customer experience.
- Be highly confident with one on one and personal styling appointments, with the ability to adapt your styling approach whilst being a Fold brand ambassador and role model for the rest of the team with selling technique / upselling.
- Consistently maintain high retail standards across; VM, stock presentation, aesthetic and brand representation.
- Support with process / stock / Netsuite. Involvement in brand events.
Taking on the role you will:
- Have previous retail Supervisor experience, including driving sales in a boutique store, styling or a similar environment.
- Be passionate about styling and building customer relationships.
- Be familiar with high end sales processes, behaviours, customers and brands.
- Be confident leading and managing a team with confident communication skills.
- Be a committed energetic, motivated contributor to The Fold, going above and beyond the role with a proactive attitude to work as part of The Fold team.
- Have a good understanding of KPIs within a retail environment.
- Be a motivated and supportive leader to the team.
- Oversee, plan and prioritise daily tasks .
- Understanding the importance of styling as well as the behind the scenes/administrative aspects of the role.
- Have experience with alterations is beneficial but not required.
- Be able to handle customer service issues and challenges in a professional, calm manner and think on their feet to resolve issues.
- Be driven to exceed targets and be focused on optimizing sales opportunities with an eye on growing the brand through each incremental relationship and sales.
- Be extremely passionate about The Fold, and act as an ambassador for the brand at every opportunity.
We are an ambitious, supportive, passionate team who love what we do. We are Founder-led, and we lead by example – never compromising on our quality.
We strive to uphold a values based working culture with five key principle across the business:
- Be Humbitious: Be ambitious for yourself and The Fold in a humble way - don’t be a diva.
- Wrap it up with a bow on it: Be a completer finisher, be able to trust others to take on a job completely and fully, and earn that same trust yourself.
- Be Empowered: Take on responsibility, share your views confidently but kindly, feel ownership, take pride in results,
- Fold Gold Standard: Quality and professionalism, don’t just ‘let it go’, pride ourselves on attention to detail and excellence in everything we do, deliver results.
- Embrace, pace, progress and adventure: Know that to fully embrace our ambition and our challenges, this will mean stepping out of your comfort zone - get comfortable being uncomfortable.
Benefits of working at the Fold:
- 25 days holidays in addition to the usual bank holidays
- Inspiring Q&A talks with leading professionals.
- A uniform allowance
- A friends and family discount policy with 50% off full retail price.
- Bike to work scheme, save on the cost of bikes and equipment.
- Pension scheme
- Regular team socials.
- You can expect to enjoy complimentary coffee, fresh fruit and treats.
- Out of work we’ve enjoyed Secret Cinema, Crazy Gold, Escape Rooms, Ice skating as well as enjoying homemade cocktails and casual beers.
The Fold is an award-winning womenswear brand with a mission to empower women to realise their ambitions. The brand creates beautiful, high-quality collections to help women to feel their most confident selves. The Fold has a wide-reaching international audience and has dressed some of the world’s most influential female leaders and innovators.