RTR Senior Accountant
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for execution of Record to Report ("RTR") EMEIA tasks within the BBS Finance function in accordance with the Group Policies, IFRS and local GAAP requirements, agreed service level agreements and key performance indicators. They will be responsible for a set of small entities accounts.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the development of the team, helping to transition work into the BBSThe role will be responsible for supporting Finance/FP&A and collaborate with, but not limited to, Retail Ops, HR/R&R/Payroll and Burberry Business Services to maximize transparency of information between the functions.
• Execution and/or review and approval of RTR transactions and reports.
• Preparation and/or review and approval of balance sheet reconciliations.
• Preparation and/or review and submission of local compliance work, including but not limited to statutory accounts and VAT and tax periodic returns.
• Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
• Train and supervise accountants and review their work as required.
• Liaise with key internal stakeholders, including Group Finance and Commercial team, and external stakeholders, including External Audit.
• Ensure compliance with the Group Policies, including operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
• Role may require some travel at times and work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
• Apply understanding of assigned business processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures.
• Work closely with the process owners to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
• Proactively seek feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and use this to inform future delivery of services.
function ensuring processes are identified, transferred and improved to ensure a streamlined, efficient team within the overall BBS Finance function.
Qualifications & Experience
• Completed or nearing completion of a professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, CA, ACCA or CIMA.
• Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is desirable.
• Experience in applying IFRS or local accounting GAAP is required.
• SAP training and certification is desirable. Experience of BPC is an advantage.
• Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to those reporting to them, rather than rely on their own technical skill set.
• Worked within a multicurrency environment, analysing and understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is desirable.
• Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets.
• Can demonstrate appetite for delivering continuous improvement.
• Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
• Uses a variety of techniques to influence a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across a range of operational issues. Able to establish personal credibility at all levels.
• Builds effective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert