Senior Merchandiser, Men's & Women's Leathergoods
- Alexander McQueen
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Senior Manager
- Full Time
Alexander McQueen are currently in search of an experienced Senior Merchandiser to join the House and focus on our Women’s & Men’s Leathergoods offering, Reporting to the Merchandising Manager for Leathergoods & Jewellery whilst playing a key role in driving the Worldwide Merchandise Strategy.
How you will contribute?
Product / Collection Development
- Own and drive the 360 Men’s leather goods collection merchandising strategy
- Present Men’s leather goods short- and long-term strategy to develop the category
- Define collection briefs and collections plans; brief the creative team and drive the developments
- Provide target costs to both creative and development teams and provide solutions to reach goals
- Own the development workflow both in schedule and budget
- Price the Men’s leather goods collection in all currencies with strategic price positioning at regional level
- Support merchandising manager in implementing Women’s Leather goods product strategies
- Provide inputs to define Women’s Leather Goods briefs and collection plans in line with Merchandising Manager
- Support on merchandising collection plan, update and follow up with design and development
- Facilitate the development workflow in terms of schedule & budget:
- Communicate Women’s Leather Goods strategic ambitions and collection guidelines with creative teams and monitor overall execution of the collection plans.
- Provide a precise frame / schedule and clear priorities in order to help designers and developers manage key steps and tasks in an efficient, timely manner.
- Share and follow up target cost to both creative and development teams in line with pricing strategy defined with manager
- Contribute to implement the pricing strategy in all currencies in line with merchandising manager
- Build selling documents and follow up of the collection plan
- Own and drive 360 special projects follow ups from collection brief to deliveries in stores.
- Perform Women/Men’s leather goods Sell in analysis at the end of each selling campaign
- Actively perform Women/Men’s leather goods Sell out analysis reports of Bi-Monthly performance to help identify opportunities and suggest actions to maximise profits
- Analysis on “Always in Stock” and “permanent package” to help the Merchandising Manager defining product cycle life and ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Management and organisation of sample set before and after campaign launch
- Take ownership of the Women and Men’s leather goods cancellations post campaign and liaise with retail, wholesale, customer service and production teams
- Put in place a clear photoshoot guideline on new Women & Men ‘s product and brief the photographer on how to shoot each product (carry over and new) ensuring the photoshoot guideline is respected
- Codify the Look Book and the collection images in a time sensitive environment
- Define and present Men’s leather goods product training in showrooms to Retail Merchandisers and Wholesale teams
- Support in building Women’s leather goods product training and in presenting Women’s leather goods product training in showrooms to internal teams.
- Manage Women and Men’s leather goods training materials that are fit for purpose and suitable for use by our Wholesale, Buying and Retail teams -transmitting depth of product knowledge acquired throughout the development process
- Provide necessary data and support to Retail and Wholesale teams throughout the sales campaign
- Collaborate with global training team to build Men & Women’s product trainings for regions.
Cross-Functional Teams Support
- Provide input to all internal departments on 360 alignments in order to maximise impact and sales of Men & Women’s Leather goods collections.
- Take ownership of e-commerce descriptions on Women and Men’s leather goods and provide inputs on best manners to present products online.
- Suggesting in-season actions to maximize sales and profit opportunities, including VM proposal.
Who you are?
- Extensive experience within Collection Merchandising.
- Extensive analytical and numeracy skills.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound knowledge of the current market and consumer trends.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- A true understanding of the Luxury Landscape with in-depth knowledge of both Men & Women’s Leather Goods.
- Fluency in English, Italian speaking would be beneficial.
Why work with us?
At Alexander McQueen together we push boundaries to create legacy. Everyone can make a difference and anything is possible.
We are passionate about beauty, creativity & quality. This is an opportunity to join our community of hard-working and talented individuals who are playing a part in the success of the House.
We offer a package of competitive benefits including, but not limited to –
- Pension, private medical insurance & performance related bonus.
- Clothing allowance, employee discounts & monthly
- 25 days annual leave excluding Bank Holidays plus dedicated time for employee volunteering.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Alexander McQueen, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We know that diverse skills, mindsets & experiences foster creativity and collaboration.
Please let our recruitment team know if you need support or reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage of the recruitment process. We will work with you to ensure that you have the best experience.
All applications will be considered and we will do our best to provide an answer as soon as possible.
- Full time
- United Kingdom
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
1-7 Aylesbury Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert