Paul Smith is one of Britain’s leading independent design companies. We champion positivity, curiosity and creativity. These qualities underpin every Paul Smith design, whether it’s a shirt, a shop or a special collaboration. Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company. Happily positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
Based in the Paul Smith Headquarters in London, this role is crucial to the efficient running of the Kean Street showrooms and samples movement between departments and within the press teams. Servicing the UK and global press teams as well as content and marketing departments with all collections samples under the remit and care of this Showroom Coordinator, they will play a pivotal part in ensuring the showrooms are kept in order and all teams and department’s samples are managed efficiently, utilising Fashion GPS.
• Reporting to the Press & VIP Manager Global and working closely with the Press & VIP Assistant Global and Press & VIP Assistant UK, the Showroom Coordinator will support the entire Press department and the wider Marketing and Content teams with all sample trafficking needs.
• Maintain a high standard of care for the showroom, keeping all areas of the showroom, storage and booking out rooms tidy and merchandised to brand standards, ready for appointments.
• Support the in-house shoot needs across Marketing and Content teams, coordinating sample requests for both external and internal shoots effectively and efficiently.
• Assist where needed with the organisation of sample movement for events such as the shows and seasonal press days and any other local events as necessary.
• Support and manage the movement of the global press sample set for all shoots globally managing the priorities and time constraints efficiently.
• Lead and manage the seasonal sample hand over from sales and the press sample split between all relevant markets, ensuring efficient and effective communication to all parties.
• Support the Press department with budgeting, invoicing, raising PO’s and related tasks.
• Maintaining the internal sample calendar and liaise with other relevant departments to keep everyone aligned with sample use accordingly throughout the season.
• Maintain a high standard of organisation within the press showrooms and coordinate the use of the other Kean Street showrooms where needed.
Your Skills and Experience
• High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages and use of Macs.
• Previous experience of working within sample management in the fashion industry.
• Utilisation of Fashion GPS or similar software platform to manage physical and digital assets.
• Experience of merchandising and managing a showroom/shop floor environment.
• Strong administration skills in a busy Press office.
• Experience of working in a fast paced enviroment.
Who you are
• Clear and concise communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent negotiation and inter-personal skills with the ability to be assertive when required.
• Able to work to strict deadlines, be organised and priotise effectively.
• Use your own initiative and build strong lasting rapport with colleagues and customers.
What’s in it for you
• A generous clothing allowance.
• A discretionary discount on PSL goods.
• An annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus Bank Holidays.
• Cycle to work and travel loan schemes.
If you like the sound of what you’ve read so far, find out more about our company culture and the full list of benefits we can offer you.
At Paul Smith, we celebrate and encourage applications from all walks of life into our growing workforce. We are committed to empowering people from any background, belief system, or ethnicity, offering an inclusive environment where talent is recognised and valued.