About the role:
At Next we have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to join the Retail Marketing department as an Assistant Visual Merchandise Manager within the Home department. This role is key in supporting the Visual Merchandise Manager in effectively leading the wider team to create inspiring layouts and guidance documents for the entire store portfolio. Management experience is essential as this role has direct accountability for a team of 6. Reasonable travel and overnight stays will be required at times for training visits and to support new store launches. You will:
- Work independently and be accountable for layouts, mockshop coordination and the VM team.
- Prepare, plan and implement phase change layouts in line with the critical path.
- Work closely to create effective working relationships with the product teams across Home.
- Research, identify, propose and introduce new and creative ideas for layouts and graphics for the department.
- Brief in projects to suppliers and project manage from start to finish.
- Point of contact for day to day queries for stores/product/field team.
- Action competitive shops, present findings formally/informally as and when required.
- Plan and attend store openings to provide support in delivering the most commercial layouts.
- Plan commercial store layouts by liaising with Shopfitting department and the Sales team.
- Support the Visual Merchandise manager with the development of new projects, including, working with suppliers to source new equipment, competitive shops and store visits.
- Support the management and development of the team by acting as a mentor and coach.
- Deputise for the Home Visual Merchandising Manager as and when needed.
- Home product knowledge or experience with a similar role.
- Awareness of upcoming trends and our competitors.
- An aspirational and creative outlook with the ability to adapt concepts to the NEXT Brand.
- Self motivated with a flexible and proactive approach.
- Knowledge of software packages such as Photoshop would be desirable but not essential.
- Creativity in designing and developing equipment, marketing and layouts.
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable and passionate about Home visual merchandising.
- Flexibility in working patterns and the availability to travel.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking