Please note that this role is a 12 month FTC
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join the GFR team as a manager to take ownership and responsibility for tasks from inception to successful completion. Required to be technically strong, able to robustly challenge and strive for quality output.RESPONSIBILITIES
Monthly management reporting
- Coordination of Group funding, cash repatriation and distributable reserves, as well as Group corporate simplification.
- Responsible for accounting for Group funding movements and corporate simplification i.e. capital injections, dividends, intercompany funding and group reorganisations
- Liaison with Corporate departments i.e. treasury, tax, legal and cosec to understand risks and drive execution
- Ensuring Burberry Group plc has sufficient distributable reserves for external dividend purposes
Budgeting and forecasting
- Responsible for Burberry Group plc and its trusts.
- Maintenance of the general ledger in SAP; and
- Monthly submissions into the Group consolidation system (BPC)
- Responsible for the maintenance of the general ledgers of the Group's ESOP trusts and monthly submissions into BPC
- Preparation of the Burberry Group plc standalone financial statements.
Group financial reporting
- Responsible for budget and forecast submissions of the legal entities stated above.
Group consolidation system (BPC) super-user
- Responsible for statutory reporting of Burberry Group plc and ESOP trusts
- Review of regional year end submissions
- Review and analysis of specific group consolidated balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of specific note disclosures for the group consolidated statutory accounts
- Assist in preparing the half year/year-end financial statements
- Liaison with external auditors where necessary
- To provide technical IFRS accounting advice to the global finance team
- To provide consolidation journals for specific technical transactions
Review of provision for unrealised profit (PURP) within inventory
- Responsible for the auto-elimination logic within BPC
- Review the group intercompany matching process
- To develop and enhance the functionality of BPC for GFR team purposes
- Responsibility for co-ordination of regional inventory submissions, for monthly reporting as well as quarterly forecast and budgeting.
- Review of unrealised profit in inventory elimination, for both monthly reporting as well as quarterly forecast and budgeting.
- Analytical review of monthly group consolidated inventory balances and associated activities
- Review of PURP budgets and forecasts
- Input into group related inventory projects.
- Ad-hoc finance work
- To lead and provide support to GFR team projects
- Qualified accountant ACA/CIMA (or equivalent) with previous relevant experience.
- Strong analytical background, with a good attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve
- Clear communicator
- Ability to build rapport and trust
- Ability to work under time pressure and handle multiple demands while achieving deadlines.
- Ability to handle large volumes of data.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information.
- Advanced understanding of Excel
- Previous SAP and BPC experience preferable.
- Experience of month end close processes
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE REPORTING || n/a ||