Reporting to the Executive Coordinator for the Office of Academic Affairs, the Administrative Coordinator serves as senior-level administrative support to the Academic Affairs leadership team. Working closely with the Academic Affairs office leadership and administrative support teams, the Administrative Coordinator performs a broad range of administrative and project management duties to include but not limited in supporting the following Academic Affairs team areas: Academic Affairs Office
Faculty and Program Support (FAPS)
- Assist the Executive Coordinator in supporting the Vice President for Academic Affairs in the development and management of Academic Affairs initiatives and projects, events and activities, and the dissemination of unit and campus-wide communications and information.
- Coordinate and participate in Academic Affairs-related meetings and events as required, inclusive of agenda and materials preparation including the preparation of agendas, materials, and logistical arrangements.
- In collaboration with the Executive Coordinator, participate in the development and implementation of process improvements and interoffice system enhancements.
- Serve as liaison and front-line customer service representative for Academic Affairs and establish and maintain effective working relationships throughout the College.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Academic Affairs Personnel Administration
- Manage and maintain the Associate Vice President's calendar and scheduled activities, and coordinate ongoing projects under the Associate Vice President's direction. Google Calendar and scheduling of meetings.
- Assist the Associate Vice President for Faculty and Program Support (FAPS) in the management, and coordination of FAPS special projects, initiatives, and programmatic activities.
- Coordinate and participate in FAPS, Academic Affairs-related and other meetings and events as required, inclusive of agenda and materials preparation, including the preparation of agendas, materials, and logistical arrangements.
- Develop, manage, and maintain digital databases for tracking, analyses and reporting of FAPS-related programs, projects, policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Working in concert with the Executive Director for Academic Affairs Personnel Administration, review and analyze faculty life-cycle documents and accompanying materials for the Vice President's personnel administrative review and recommendation/decision.
- Monitor and track student concerns, issues and academic-related matters in the Advocate Simplicity database.
- Compose and edit a wide range of written and electronic correspondence and documents, research and assist in crafting and drafting, editing and preparing reports, documents, presentations and related materials.
- Perform additional duties as required.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five (5) years or more experience providing senior-level executive administrative support in a higher education environment or complex organization.
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to take the initiative, use sound judgment, and work effectively and professionally with varying levels of staff and constituents.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage emerging and concurrent priorities, ongoing projects and activities, and demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement and monitor office/administrative procedures and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct confidential and analytical research, and synthesize findings and results for compilation and reporting purposes.
- Ability to effectively articulate and communicate with exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and maintain the highest level of discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, possess strong customer service orientation and detailed-driven focus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Master's degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google applications.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and knowledge of project tracking tools/platforms (e.g. Smartsheet, Microsoft Teams; Asana).
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Occasional; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Frequent
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Constant; Stand- Frequent; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- N/A; Push- Occasional; Lift Additional Information:
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment.
Starting Salary: $66,187 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 93, after one year of service and annually thereafter.
(See CBA, page 77)
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Work Policy Program
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application material.
Please note that due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are unable to contact each applicant about his or her application status.
For more information about us, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for an Administrative Coordinator.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.