The Jewelry & Silver Washer is responsible for the efficient processing of polishing projects through the wash station in Repair Services. This person is also responsible for electroplating and enforcing all quality standards set by Tiffany & Co.What You'll Do:
- The Jewelry & Silver Washer is responsible for the efficient washing and plating (when necessary) of polished items according to TCO production and quality standards.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of all orders processed through washout through visual inspection of merchandise and repair order paperwork.
- Maintain assigned orders in an organized manner; update administrative staff on repairs and production reports.
- Advise management of areas of concern regarding processing, work capacity and merchandise quality.
- Assist other technicians to ensure timely completion of all work in department.
- Model agility by demonstrating flexibility and versatility in handling various responsibilities. This may include assisting other areas of the of the department depending on business needs.
- Experience in the cleaning of silver and jewelry, specifically silver, gold, and platinum and precious stones
- Experience in the use of jewelry cleaning equipment such as tumblers, ultrasonic and steam cleaners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate flexibility regarding business needs.
- Experience with jewelry plating including rhodium, ruthenium, etc.
- Experience with quality control practices.