Please note: This is a 12 month fixed term contract role
We are looking for a dynamic, driven yet collaborative Graduate Tailoring Designer who will help to push our fantastic quality and design forward within our Womenswear team. About the Role
Collaborating with the buying, merchandising and technology teams, you will:
- Support the Designer in developing new ranges across our tailoring team within the Womenswear department. You will be involved throughout the whole process from design concepts through to technical development and product selection.
- Work at a fast pace and have great creativity, communication and organisation skills. Supplier partnerships are integral to this role and we work very much as part of the team combining the expertise from different territories.
- Research and communicate the latest trends, colours, shapes and fabrics to the team so these can be planned and developed into the ranges at the relevant time.
- Produce creative, well executed garment design packs that tastefully represent these trends and show true attention to detail.
- Brief suppliers with technical design packs & CAD's and being on top of the sample trackers.
- Work closely with the Designer & Buyer to support the whole design process from planning new ranges through to product selection meetings.
- Work alongside various Product teams such as Technology to ensure the most effective way of producing styles so fit and styling are inline with current trends.
- Work effectively with short lead and long lead time suppliers with an awareness of
- critical path and supplier strengths.
- Present to Senior Management and Director level.
Specific Skills/Qualifications & Requirements:
- Highly creative and enthusiastic designer with a real passion and drive for designing and developing great product.
- Ideally with a passion for tailoring
- Proven experience of garment design and working with product, preferably with tailoring.
- You'll have great attention to detail and an adaptable and versatile design handwriting, with the ability to work across multi product ranges.
- Ability to spot trends and creatively adapt to commercially appeal to different customer profiles.
- Strong communication skills; capable of working well with other teams and building productive relationships.
- Highly organised with good prioritisation skills to be able to work to set deadlines.
- Show initiative in all aspects from teamwork to the product design to help support the critical path.
Please submit a portfolio to support your application, unfortunately applications without portfolios will not be consideredAbout Us
- Qualified to degree or HND level in Fashion Design or similar subject.
- Competent user of both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience of working with product, preferably gained in a fast paced commercial environment.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking