APPARATUS is a New York-based design studio that explores the relationship of lighting, furniture and objects in immersive environments, threading the historical and the cultural through a modern lens.
- Provide phone support; assist callers with essential questions about the brand and product including brand history, collections, finishes, pricing, lead times.
- Process and apply client payments (credit card, wire and checks) efficiently and accurately and apply information directly into Salesforce.
- Set up new client accounts by taking and inputting all required information and introducing to relevant Account Manager.
- Develop a deep knowledge of and become an expert in APPARATUS product and brand story, share product and brand knowledge in an engaging and helpful way.
- Generate quotes and invoices as directed by Account Managers.
- Assist Account Managers with follow up on finish sample orders, open quotes and general outreach projects.
- Pack, ship and monitor inventory of finish samples.
- Execute duties according to daily and weekly checklist and communicate daily with account managers to establish any tasks requiring priority.
- Support Account Managers when out-of-office with basic account and email management.
- Set a high standard of warmth and professionalism in welcoming clients, vendors and colleagues.
- Share responsibility of gallery visual standards, opening and closing duties – lighting levels, object/furniture placement, drapes, restrooms, stock levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and a desire to learn and deliver on-brand APPARATUS communication and presentation standards.
- Detail-orientated with exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong aesthetic and presentation skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Demonstrate initiative by actively contributing new ideas to Gallery Manager related to client experience and administrative tasks.
- A consistently positive attitude displayed both as an individual and within a collaborative team of peers and management.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
- Prior sales or administrative experience in client-facing roles.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
- Understanding of a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Knowledge and interest in contemporary design.
- Full-time gallery hours
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Monthly touch bases
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our London Gallery. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.K.