The position focuses on supporting the Special Occasion Designer to help coordinate the development of the Special Occasion Collection. This role is hybrid and may work up to 2 days remotely each week. Candidates must be within reasonable commuting distance of the Mumu HQ office in Los Angeles, CA.
- Creates and maintains all sketches as directed by the Special Occasion Designer, including finalization of seasonal line sheets for subcategories of bridal; For The Bride, Bridesmaid, Guest & Events
- Assists in meeting set-up as directed by the designer; assists with printing line sheets, putting mood boards together, gathering swatches, etc.
- Maintains master line sheet + design CAD boards, category line sheet and vendor line sheets each week and updates as needed
- Sets up initial import tech packs each season in conjunction with the fit tech. This includes style number information, CAD and BOM and construction pages as advised by the Bridal Designer
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all BOM execution from beginning development through production
- Vendor communication as needed
- Assists the designer with domestic style hand overs as needed- this includes coordination of development for all domestic styles in conjunction with the domestic team
- Creates and sets up all domestic fabric guides and is responsible for distributing them amongst cross-functional teams
- Supports the designer by maintaining style organization throughout the development process
- Assist the designer with updated WIP weekly, design expenses, and updates BOMs
- Works independently with the Raw Materials team and Import vendors to develop new trims and notions
- Coordinates pick up and drop offs at the warehouse as needed
- Responsible for preparing shipping labels and packages, returns domestic & overseas
- Assists with sample check in and organization including maintenance and organization of all sample racks
- Responsible for participating in the Bridal Meeting & Bridal Fittings
- Maintains design room organization + cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment, flexible in changing direction as needed.
- Candidate must be highly organized with ability to prioritize with a sense of urgency and be a team player
- Must have excellent communication skills with a passion for organization
- Familiar and comfortable working in Adobe Suites Apps- specifically Illustrator
- Must be able to execute CAD illustrations in Adobe Illustrator
- PC literate with intermediate understanding and skills in using keyboard and Microsoft office products
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-3 years' design experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in fashion design or product development preferred
- Dynamic analytical, problem solving and project management abilities- must be a self starter
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Knowledge with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge with Adobe applications- Photoshop & Illustrator
- Able to work and think independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
Show Me Your Mumu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider for employment all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.