At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
To begin and take ownership of the end to end process of managing a product range with guidance from senior management.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and drive Product category.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising team in developing the strategic plan for the Product category and influence cross-functional team to deliver strategic direction for the category.
- Develop relationships with cross functional peers across Sourcing, Design, Product Development and Planning.
- Create effective working relationships with Regional Merchandising team to gain product feedback and market research.
- Analyse daily/weekly sales reports and propose appropriate action to take.
- Develop and present the range plan for approval including pricing strategy, COO and competition strategy.
- Accountable for the sample budgets for the category, and ensure the tracking, maintaining and ordering of the Samples are managed effectively.
- Manage PLM data entry and support the Merchandising Assistant to prepare reports using excel for Merchandising team.
- Conduct competitive analysis including Pricing Analysis.
- Partner with the Corporate Pricing team to understand price-bands across the three core currencies and report back findings to the Merchandising team; maintain data to support the price structure in PLM.
- Organise and coordinate collection notes and buying guides.
- Coordinate and support all administration duties relating to market training for the Merchandising team.
- Deliver any ad hoc administration and assistant duties to ensure smooth running of the team.
- Experience in luxury product/collection merchandising is essential, shoes is advantageous but not mandatory. Passion for Shoes product and awareness of luxury market. Knowledge of trends, the market, the luxury consumer and peer awareness,
- Strong product knowledge with a good taste level and ability to confidently influence the Design team
- Able to manage within a budget with commercial awareness, retail math skills and understanding of product cost, achieving a balance between creativity and commercial implications
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate with credibility, share information effectively, and work confidently with cross functional teams at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Build strong partnerships with design and regional partners
- Margin, category & annual sales plan
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Computer skills: advanced excel and PLM
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || PRODUCT MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9031 || n/a ||