Proudly Scottish at heart, but with a keen international outlook, Strathberry creates unique luxury pieces, handcrafted in Spain using only the very finest quality leathers and finishes. Known for its instantly recognisable bar closure and minimalist design aesthetic, Strathberry’s elegant bags and accessories and exceptional attention to detail have led to a global following.
Strathberry now has customers in over 70 countries worldwide. In recent years, new stores have opened in London’s Burlington Arcade, the Kings Road and Covent Garden as well as boutiques in its hometown of Edinburgh. This has supported Strathberry in becoming one of the UK’s fastest growing contemporary fashion brands.
Strathberry has recently secured investment to support its future growth plans with BGF, UK & Ireland’s most active growth capital investor. This funding marks an exciting new chapter for the brand, as it embarks upon a rapid growth plan over the next 2-3 years, involving development into new product categories and growing internationally with its own stores, wholesale partners and e-commerce channels.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced and commercially-focused Retail Marketing Manager who can acquire and retain customers for our retail stores and Showroom through existing contacts and networking to build further.
You will play a crucial role in building our ongoing retail sales growth, working closely with the retail managers to build a client portfolio, with a key focus on our Kings Road store.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement marketing plans to attract and engage high net worth customers, driving sales and brand loyalty.
- Build and manage relationships with affluent customers, leveraging marketing initiatives to drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Identify strategic partnerships and collaborations with 3rd party organisations to expand brand reach within the affluent customer segment.
- Manage relationships with the estates e.g. Cadogan to own communication and identify opportunities for activations and communication though their channels.
- Plan and execute events, trunk shows, and VIP experiences to engage high net worth customers and foster brand advocacy.
- Collaborate with the wider marketing and creative team to create compelling marketing collateral, including digital assets, print materials, and event promotions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for product and service enhancements that cater to the needs and preferences of high-net-worth and VIP customers.
- Develop the retail customer journey from promotion to data-capture, through to retargeting.
- Ensure in store activations are visibly promoted on brand channels to drive maximum footfall and sales uplift.
- Support in the growth of the CRM database for future store communication.
- Track and analyse campaign performance metrics, providing actionable insights for continuous improvement.
- Identify key market segments and develop tailored marketing campaigns to target affluent individuals effectively.
As a star candidate for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience in retail marketing, specifically targeting high net worth individuals, and retaining them.
- Proven ability to develop and implement effective marketing activations targeting affluent customers.
- Strong knowledge of luxury retail industry trends and customer behaviours.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with affluent clientele and 3rd party organisations.
- Proficiency in utilising clienteleing tools and software.
- Experience working within a luxury fashion brand, ideally within bags and accessories.
- Existing client and organisation relationships within the market.
- Organised with great communication skills.
- Self-motivated and commercially-minded, to support the delivery of growth targets.
- Excellent networking and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willing to travel occasionally between London and our Edinburgh HQ.