Operations Coordinator, Production/Sample Room
The Studio Operations Coordinator role is expected to have broad oversight of the product creation cycle — including seasonal collections and custom projects. This role will manage flow of work into and out of internal and external sample facilities in New York to achieve a timely delivery of the samples, Ensure that patterns passing to production are corrected and reflective of the latest changes or sample produced.
As this is an emerging brand (start-up company) a proactive self-efficient attitude and passion for the development process and personal growth is essential in this role.
This job works closely with the Creative Director and Production Consultant from the initial stages of the design process all the way through to the launches, selection of materials and manufacturers of the samples, fabrications, fittings, production, and delivery of the sample garments; following calendars and budgets.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree; Minimum 3 years experience managing high end sample room facilities and luxury goods or relevant brand/business
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Day to day contact person in the Sample rooms and freelance contractors
- Manages the flow of work in the patternmaking, cutting and sewing process, prioritizing samples according to fit and design needs.
- Works closely with Creative Director on a variety of tasks
- Responsible for assisting with creation and set up and oversight of model for pre-order sales on DTC website
- Outsources tasks locally for assembly and finish
- Operations structure for day-to-day
- Prepare samples for production (R&D/problem solve issues)
- Manage all custom and client orders and coordinate/schedule for timely deliveries
- Oversee design studio and ensure processes are being followed in a productive and efficient way
- Creates and/or analyzes cut tickets for accuracy and completeness
- Manages the Design fittings, keeping clear notes of changes made and making sure they are applied to samples
- Facilitate the process of internal sample room, providing trims, fabrics and all materials they need to efficiently execute their work
- Manages special projects and last-minute requests to the Atelier
- Oversee and direct intern team members
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough understanding of brand’s vision and innovative techniques
- Excellent communication and personal skill
- Problem Solving Skills (solves problems proactively, anticipates challenges and finds solutions, constantly seeks to improve processes)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; proactive self-starter
- Attention to detail is essential
- Eager to be apart of an emerging start-up brand
- Strong team work mentality (communicates with clarity and precision, fosters open environment through idea sharing and active listening)
- Understands and adopts the goals of the company and tries to achieve them
- Is exemplary in showing consideration, respect and kindness to team members and outside contacts.
- Understanding of patternmaking and sewing techniques
Pay Range: $50,000 - $65,000