Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Ralph Lauren is seeking an adaptable self-starter to fill the role of Design Operations Assistant for Women's Polo Design. This position provides critical, day-to-day administrative support for the Women's Concept team- but not limited to - calendar management, travel arrangements, tracking & submission of expenses, creating & updating documents, supporting with presentations, and communicating with internal & external partners. This role acts as an operational problem solver- mapping out and planning the most efficient ways of working for the Creative Director. The position resides within a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking, juggling, and managing several tasks are critical to success. Superior organizational and problem-solving abilities are a must, along with the ability to manage competing cross-functional priorities across business groups. In addition, this role exercises independent judgment, escalating serious or unique problems to the appropriate parties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Overall calendar management/coordination with planning and aligning with cross functional partners (marketing, merchandising digital advertising)
• Coordinating prep and materials before and after RL meetings (scheduling, printing, prep time management, necessary materials, etc.)
• Support with presentations (gathering imagery, support in creation of toolkits)
• Act as a liaison in coordinating between design and cross functional partners (merchandising, production, fabric, TD)
• Support in creating design boards from execution standpoint. Printing photo references, cutting swatches, laying out textiles as directed.
• Follow up with teams/colleagues on outstanding information/ materials as requested.
• Prepare conference rooms for design meeting needs (zoom tv's, design boards, etc..)
• Agendas, recaps + action plans for weekly team meetings.
• Booking Models as needed per design needs. Concept Design
• Supporting in prep and materials for Creative Director shoots for selects process with agency.
• Note taking and Digital Asset Distribution - Take detailed notes at concept design meetings and distribute to appropriate team members. Share out most up-to-date design boards following design meetings.
• Owning the receiving, unpacking, organization, and return of library items, as well as additional library pulls.
• Owning the sharing out and uploading of final assets to the design team in XD
• Attend line review and look book style out, keep style out garments organized and pull additional styling items as needed.
• Coordinate delivering seasonal concepts and design information to licensees': rig concepts, concept decks, print direction, color, any inspiration, and style direction.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Exceptional organizational skills, follow through and attention to detail.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to build and foster effective working relationships with a wide range of personalities.
• Innovative problem-solving abilities
• Excellent cross-cultural, cross division, cross functional communication and partnering skills
• Detail and solution oriented
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Maintain a fast-paced environment
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Ariba, Concur, Workday
• Minimum of three days a week on site/office
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet critical deadlines
• The ability to take initiative and to prioritize work task
• Results driven