We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Job Title:
Counsel, Contracts Primary Purpose:
This Attorney will primarily help draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements for Tapestry, Inc. in support of the Coach, kate spade new york, and Stuart Weitzman brands, and provide legal counsel to internal business partners to safeguard assets and mitigate risk. This is a hybrid work role with approximately 60% in-office (NYC) work per week required, subject to change with company policy. It is important to note that this is NOT an intellectual property role, nor is it an appropriate role for someone who's experience is primarily in litigation. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in contract law to . . .
The accomplished individual will possess . . .
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including, but not limited to, supplier and consulting agreements, maintenance and facilities agreements and agreements related to sustainability initiatives, air and ocean freight forwarding, warehousing services, 3PL and 4PL services, transportation, insurance carriers, software, various services, and procurement.
- Provide legal advice and practical solutions with respect to contract provisions and interpretation in support of a fast-paced business environment.
- Work with and advise business clients in a variety of functional areas, both in writing and via in-person meetings, to, among other things, translate complex legal issues into readily understandable assessments, evaluation of risk and practical recommendations.
- Advise stakeholders on legal trends, developing areas of the law, industry trends and related risks that may impact the Company's operations and/or services.
- Partner closely with a broad set of stakeholders to develop and implement best practices and process improvements for sourcing, vendor optimization and contract management.
- Ensure evaluation of risk and consistency in policies and processes in support of business objectives with respect to contracts, including identifying critical legal issues, assessing potential legal options, and providing individuals and teams with an analysis and range of possible legal solutions.
- Perform contract management duties, including use of contract management system and report generation.
An outstanding individual will have . . .
- Juris Doctorate;
- Admission and member in good standing of the bar of New York;
- 2 or more years' experience;
- Experience drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements;
- Experience in building, updating and refining contract templates that are customized to meet specific needs and requirements of the business, while incorporating experience-informed negotiating positions;
- Sound judgment and the ability to assess issues and risk and t he ability to perform well under tight deadlines and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment ;
- Ability to triage a heavy workflow, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, adapt to changing conditions, set appropriate priorities with business partners and deliver results efficiently;
- Experience working with and advising business clients directly, as well as providing guidance and practical solutions on various transactions, preferably in an in-house environment; and
- Experience working with/managing a contract management system.
- Proven ability to manage projects, prioritize work, multi-taskeffectively, and respond to shifting priorities with minimal oversight;
- Proven ability to thrive in a large, fast-paced environment with a high level of responsiveness, professionalism and outstanding business judgment.
- Flexibility to project manage and/or oversee discreet projects from a legal perspective outside of the area of primary responsibility.
Our Competencies for All Employees
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-RE1 #HYBRID Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or email@example.com
Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ BASE PAY RANGE $100,000.00 TO $125,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit