FIGS is looking for an Editorial Director who will be responsible for overseeing and managing the content strategy for our brand across marketing, ecommerce and digital channels. As a part of the marketing team, the Editorial Director is responsible for creating engaging, informative, and brand driven content that is aligned with campaign and marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in content strategy and management, excellent writing and editing skills, and the ability to merge brand voice across all pillars of brand messaging. Additionally, this candidate has a track record of creating successful content campaigns, as well as a deep understanding of SEO and how to create content that is optimized for search. This role will report directly to FIGS' Creative Director. What you'll do
- Work cross functionally with the marketing and product team to create engaging and informative content that aligns with FIGS' brand voice and style guidelines
- Ensure branded content supports business goals and drives customer engagement and conversion
- Analyze content performance and utilize data to inform future content decisions
- Maintain a high level of editorial quality and accuracy across all channels
- Conduct thorough research, fact-checking, and partner with subject experts as needed throughout content creation process
- Develop and implement content calendar
- Manage a team of writers and editors
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a degree in English, Communications or Journalism
- 8-10 years of copywriting experience in an agency, e-commerce or digital marketing industry
- A background in copywriting, content production, journalism
- Experience managing a team of writers and directors
- Ability to be in-office 3 days a week, every other week
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Aspiration to create change and make an immediate impact
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
- 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs.
- Sense of humor
- Drive to succeed and get things done efficiently and effectively
- Loves: language, the FIGS product and working on a team
At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $133,000 and $190,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Annual bonus: This position is eligible to participate in the FIGS annual bonus program
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of service A little bit about us...
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.