The Senior Engineer Retail Operation owns testing, configuring and developing new hardware standards for all IT endpoints and peripherals used in our retail stores and retail lab environments, including point-of-sale terminals, printers, back-of-house PCs and various management and monitoring platforms. Works closely with other IT teams to maintain consistent quality, security and availability across these systems for new or existing platforms (e.g. SCCM, Workspace ONE, Meraki, Active Directory and ServiceNow), as well as provide Level 3 support as required. This role will also work closely with our store design and operations teams to ensure all new in-store technology is accurately detailed and adheres to IT best practices while following forward-looking industry trends and innovations.
This role reports to the Manager Endpoint Engineering.
- Assist with Retail hardware technology standards globally. This will include keeping track of hardware lifecycles and partnering with the Application and Regional IT teams for introducing new hardware into production.
- Assist with the Retail Point of Sale labs and future "mockup" stores. This includes the installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance of new operating system versions, patches, application software, drivers, system management tools, and endpoint hardware.
- Research new technology in response to enterprise-scale business requirements, systems configurations, or technology innovations.
- Responsible for providing training and documentation for new retail technologies to the Deployment and Support teams.
- Supervise and resolve alerting issues for all Retail Endpoint related systems. Monitor and test system performance for potential bottlenecks and collaborate to drive solutions and implement changes to device configurations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or 5+ years of demonstrated experience with hands on experience with relevant technologies
- 5+ years of experience with End User Computing and Infrastructure technical skills especially in the areas of Retail Point of Sale and mobile devices, PC hardware, retail peripherals, Windows OS Image Management, End-point Security, Application Packaging, Group Policy, Security patching, Firmware and Device Drivers upgrades etc.
- Knowledge of current and future Retail endpoint hardware
- Excellent Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent Verbal and Interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of Project Management Principals
- Microsoft Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 or later, Workspace ONE (Airwatch) UEM, Windows server administration (File and Print services), Verifone hardware management
All gender identities and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Please let Tiffany know if you request any accommodations for interview, we are happy to make any accommodation needed.