About the role:
We are looking for a 3D Modeller to join our Photo Studio team at Next. You will be an expert in your field of 3D and produce amazing high quality 3D images and room scenes for the Next family of websites and external partner brands. This is an extremely fast-paced role that covers our in-house 3d team and all studios to maintain Next's vision and creative beliefs. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is creative, technical & proactive, either looking to step up into a Senior 3D role or has experience within a similar position.
This role is based at our Head Office in Leicestershire. We offer hybrid working with 2 days from home and 3 days in the studioYou will:
- Deliver high-quality CG models in line with our creative direction, brief and/or reference material
- Produce full CGI room scenes with photo realistic lighting
- Ensure consistency of UV mapping and polygonal subdivisions
- Facilitate the creation of high quality photo-real texture maps
- Maintain a clear understanding of the 3D workflow and look for efficiencies and new possibilities to improve the process and streamline production
- Provide strong guidance to all levels of the Studio and other product areas from a 3D perspective in line with your Team Lead
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your Team lead and senior management within Next Studios
- Monitor standards to ensure consistency and continually improve quality
- Oversee the quality of all imagery within the team ensuring the quality and output is consistent and to the highest level required
- Create and manage all digital assets including textures and UV maps
- Interpret concept art and mood boards to create assets/room scenes as required
- Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical requirements
- Responsible for skills training and development of other 3D modellers in collaboration with Team Lead
- Provide strong, clear and aspirational guidance and support to the studio and product teams from a 3D standpoint
- Work collaboratively with others within the Studio and promote a learning culture and positive team dynamic
- Maintain constant awareness of the latest developments in 3D design, capture and modelling tools and technologies
- Consistently strive to think outside the box with all processes and projects showing initiative and innovation.
- Communicate effectively with your Team Lead to establish clear, recognizable and achievable goals.
- Have flexibility to work at other Next studios, external studios and on location when required.
- An expert knowledge of 3D design and techniques is essential in both Ecomm and marketing imagery
- Strong foundational skills including colour theory, composition, lighting, etc
- Real world understanding of proportion, lighting, depth, scale and physical space
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills, eager to learn and grow, with a can-do attitude.
- Extremely high competence of using the latest industry standard 3D modelling programs and tools eg Blender, Maya and ZBrush, Solaris Houdini, Arnold Renderer and USD
- Ability to interpret a 3D brief with a commercial understanding and brand awareness and have the confidence to train others on these techniques
- Exceptional attention to detail and good visualisation skills
- Good experience of using MAC Operating systems.
- Experience working within a large creative studio environment.
- Creative flair and passion for visual composition
- Comfortable with a highly pressured and rapidly changing environment.
- As it is a Senior role any experience in heading up projects or leading and inspiring others will be beneficial.
- At least 3 years relevant experience.
- Full UK driving licence
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking