At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Senior Tax Manager - Global Transfer Pricing, working closely with the Tax Director EMEIA & Global Transfer Pricing, will manage all aspects of transfer pricing at Burberry. This will be achieved through proactive delivery of value in line with our Global Tax Strategy, through effective strategic advice and partnering to the business, as well as full compliance with statutory requirements.
The role is responsible for supporting the development of, and for the execution of the Group's transfer pricing strategy to deliver sustainable value throughout the value chain.
The role can be divided into 3 main areas: (i) management of the Group's transfer pricing strategy and transfer pricing policies, delivering value and ensuring they can be defended successfully globally (ii) management of operational transfer pricing (with special focus on customs valuations), and (iii) development and management of transfer pricing documentation.
The role holder will report to the Tax Director, EMEIA and Global Transfer Pricing, and will be part of a transfer pricing team including 2 Transfer Pricing Documentation Managers and a Data Analyst.
This role will provide the opportunity to proactively work with numerous departments globally and external advisors, as well as being a key member of the global tax team of 17 people, across three continents.
Strategy and Policies
• Jointly develop and implement the Group's Transfer Pricing strategy, ensuring global consistency and cohesion with strategic use of APAs and MAPs to provide maximum value and reduce risk
• Management of transfer pricing data, processes and governance to align transfer pricing requirements with business goals, promoting compliance, reducing complexity and delivering strategic insights to drive better business decisions
• Design, revisit and develop Burberry's global transfer pricing policies for all intercompany transactions.
• Review status of intercompany legal agreements and ensure all transfer pricing policies are properly reflected.
• Identification of transfer pricing planning opportunities aligned with the overall transfer pricing rules and lead the execution to ensure arm's length outcomes for all the relevant entities.
• Leading role on transfer pricing audit readiness and key support on transfer pricing enquiries (working jointly with the Regional Tax Directors).
• Liaising with and managing the external advisors in relation to the review of deliverables, management of external fees and working with them for ad-hoc transfer pricing technical queries.
• Monitor OECD and other global transfer pricing developments, to advise the business on potential impact of those changes.
Operational Transfer Pricing
• Identification of material transfer pricing and customs valuation risks and implement mitigations to reduce risks.
• Management of periodic customs valuation returns required and seeking opportunities to achieve efficiencies and maximise consistency of approach and positioning globally (including the identification and management of key Advance Customs Valuation Arrangements).
• Conduct a review of the transfer pricing processes (from identification of transfer pricing trigger events to audit resolution). Understand and test how transfer pricing policies are executed currently e.g. data sources, process and calculation. Identify opportunities to improve, streamline and access efficiencies.
• Partnering with the IT department in the identification and management of the relevant software solutions required for the setting of the transfer prices in the IT systems of the group. Design and management of the testing exercises required to validate that those systems are working properly.
• Management of any other transfer pricing operational matters.
Transfer Pricing Documentation
• Development and management of a robust Transfer Pricing Documentation process, ensuring optimal systems, processes and team capabilities
• Identification of all the transfer pricing documentation requirements across all the entities of the group.
• Monitor the project management for the Transfer Pricing Documentation area and draft or review transfer pricing reports prepared by the in-house team or by external advisors.
• Review the benchmarking searches prepared in house using licensed benchmarking software (TP Catalyst) for all relevant transactions and may commission and review benchmarking exercises by advisors where required.
• Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA), tax advisor (CTA), Masters in Tax or equivalent
• Relevant transfer pricing work experience in practice and/or industry, including operational transfer pricing, management of global documentation projects, benchmarking etc.
• Strong business acumen and demonstrated experience across business partnering, planning, compliance and risk.
• Proven team management, strategic thinking and stakeholder management skills.
• Excellent project management and organisational skills, experience of working to tight deadlines, dealing with ambiguity and balancing competing priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid research skills and ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
• Experience of the retail/consumer goods sector is an advantage.
• Experience of ERP systems (SAP, and more specifically SAP PaPM) is desirable.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || TAX || n/a ||